UKC

Open Return Flights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NorthenClimber 04 Mar 2009
I Need open return flights to canada? anyone got any experiences of these and who do you recomend?

Thom
Removed User 04 Mar 2009
In reply to NorthenClimber:

I'm guessing that you will only get open return flights from a scheduled carrier and I would say Air Canada are as good/bad as any of them.

Not sure how immigration will view the open return but if you are a UK citizen then you will probably be ok.

You might want to check whether it is cheaper to have a flexible ticket which has a fee when you change the date rather than an open one?
 tommcdonna 04 Mar 2009

I used one a while ago (2002 I think) with Continental to go Seattle. Rules on mine were that you had to book a return date when you purchased the ticket, but you could change it as often as you liked, for free, over the phone, up to 36 hours before you were scheduled to return. I think the return portion had to be used within 6 months of departure.

Initially I planned a 3week stay, during my third week I extended to 4, during 4th week extended to 5, during 5th to 6, during 6th to 7, eventually came home after 8 weeks having changed return date 5 times.

Never had problems with flights being fully booked, any Continental route from Seattle to London (any airport) was a free change option.
Removed User 04 Mar 2009
In reply to NorthenClimber: 50 quid set fee for a flight change with US Airways.
 atlantis 04 Mar 2009
In reply to Removed User:

Air Canada are not the best though..

Air Transat is far far better! I strongly recommend them.

Canadian airlines is better than Air Canada but more costly.. service will be better however.
JPSC 04 Mar 2009
In reply to atlantis:

> Canadian airlines is better than Air Canada but more costly.. service will be better however.

Thought Canadian was now part of Air Canada
 Alan M 04 Mar 2009

I've had a few BA tickets that have allowed me to make date changes for £35 per change. On my last trip with BA (November) I made about 3 date changes without any problems by just calling the Call center or going in person to the BA desk at the departure airport.

This ticket was for South East Asia and Hong Kong never flown BA to Canada but I guess they will offer the same.

To Canada I have always flown: Air Canada, Zoom (gone bust) and Thomas Cook Airlines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...