UKC

NEWS: Chris Sharma at Malham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Mar 2009
[Chris Sharma onsighting Raindogs (F8a) Malham, 4 kb]On a fleeting visit to a damp Malham Cove, Chris Sharma got stuck in to Rainshadow (F9a). With a quick onsight of Raindogs (F8a) and a lap on Consenting Adults (F7a) to get warmed up, Chris was eager to get down to the real business.

How did he get on?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46322

richard kirby 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Malham pedants, country-wide, will now be getting their knickers in a knot over whether Chris did the 7c+, Sheffield, veteran, cop out finish or the 8a version

Whichever, very impressive.
 Sean Kelly 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Raindogs. 1986 vintage so old hat really. As Geoffrey Boycott used to say...my grannie could climb that! I would have liked to meet his grannie...some woman.
 James Oswald 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Good stuff.
How long is he in Blighty for?
James
 Ian Dunn 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: I belayed Didier when he tried a true onsight on my clips, he rattled the chain after trying for ages to clip it. He didn't know it finished by grabbing it, and it took me awhile to get the message too him 1990 June.
 RupertD 04 Mar 2009
In reply to Ian Dunn:
> (In reply to UKC News) I belayed Didier when he tried a true onsight on my clips, he rattled the chain after trying for ages to clip it. He didn't know it finished by grabbing it, and it took me awhile to get the message too him 1990 June.

I think we have to give him that.
 James Oswald 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Did he manage all the moves on Rainshadow? What did he think?
James
 JSA 04 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Wasn't Raindogs climbed in 1984 according to the old guide?
 Michael Ryan 04 Mar 2009
In reply to the inspiral carpet:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Wasn't Raindogs climbed in 1984 according to the old guide?

JSA 04 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: my bad! :0/
 UKB Shark 04 Mar 2009
In reply to RupertD:

I thought Raindogs was onsighted by a Belgian guy as well. It may have been a flash. Can't recall his name just now - short, ginger hair IIRC climbed with Saxon Jones in the States.
 Ian Dunn 05 Mar 2009
In reply to Simon Lee: Jean Paul Finne, he onsighted Zoolook but I don't think he did Raindogs might be wrong though.
He did fail to onsight Bream in Black on the Embankment and said he prefered Yorkshire to the Peak!
Carnage 05 Mar 2009
In reply to Simon Lee: Saxon Jones? - If you mean Aussie strongman Saxon Johns, who spent plenty of time in UK/EU/US (can't be that many 'Saxons' around!) let me know and I'll ask him.

UKB Shark 05 Mar 2009
In reply to Carnage/Ian Dunn: > (In reply to Simon Lee) Jean Paul Finne, he onsighted Zoolook but I don't think he did Raindogs might be wrong though.

That sounds like the fella

> He did fail to onsight Bream in Black on the Embankment and said he prefered Yorkshire to the Peak!

Don't we all
 Ian Dunn 05 Mar 2009
In reply to Simon Lee: In my youth I managed it!!
 UKB Shark 05 Mar 2009
In reply to Ian Dunn:

To prefer the Peak ? Glad your wiser now
 Alun 09 Mar 2009
In reply to james oswald:
> How long is he in Blighty for?

He's already back in Catalunya, I saw him at Margalef yesterday.

It's great that he's taking an interest in british sport climbing, hopefully he'll make it back when the weather gets too hot over here.
 Morgan Woods 09 Mar 2009
In reply to Carnage:
> (In reply to Simon Lee) Saxon Jones? - If you mean Aussie strongman Saxon Johns, who spent plenty of time in UK/EU/US (can't be that many 'Saxons' around!) let me know and I'll ask him.

there's a blast from the past.....we were in the same climbing club at school.....is he still climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...