UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Meeting The Godfather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Mar 2009
[Es leading on The Godafther - pitch 4, 3 kb]In this special UKC feature, Es Tresidder describes an attempt at repeating The Godfather (VIII, 8) on Beinn Bhan. The Godfather ranks amongst the most sought after Scottish winter prizes, being extremely hard, long, remote and covering awe-inspiring ground on one of Scotland's most fearsome winter cliffs.

The article also includes a full colour photo-topo of Beinn Bhan and a gripping account of the epic first ascent by Martin Moran.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1719

long 11 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Absolutly superb! Thanks Es.

When did they try it? Sounds like before The God Delusion.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

Magnificent!

Epic!

Great read!

Nutters!

Chris
 EsT 11 Mar 2009
In reply to douglas: Was January 2007, so quite a bit before God Delusion. Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed it.
 brieflyback 11 Mar 2009

A really good read. Thanks.
 tebs 11 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Fantastic read - if ukc put up more of these kind of articles i will never be able to do any work
 fimm 11 Mar 2009

Excellent article, thank you.
 Erik B 11 Mar 2009
In reply to EsT: good work Es!! transported me out of the office and into the NW in winter, well for 10 mins anyway!!
 Drexciyan 11 Mar 2009

I concur, a great read - must have been gutting to know you were so close!

Excellent, thanks.

jcm
 john howard 1 11 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Excellent article and great pics, thanks for sharing
 SonyaD 12 Mar 2009
In reply to EsT: Just read this, tis brilliant!
 Doug 12 Mar 2009
In reply to SonyaD: the best article yet on UKC ? if not, certainly one of the top 3
 Jack Geldard 12 Mar 2009
In reply to Doug: I would like to thank everyone for their positive comments on this article.

I'd also like to thank everyone who helped out with it, from general info, to quotes etc, right through to Es and Martin Moran and of course Pete and Guy!

I think it came out really well and myself and Es worked pretty damn hard to get all that stuff together.

I really enjoyed working on it too - would love to get up there myself, but I think The Godfather might be a touch too tricky for me !!, so perhaps an easier introduction!

Jack
 Erik B 12 Mar 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Id second Doug's comment, best article yet! love the format, quotes, photos and video footage and of course the text.
 biscuit 12 Mar 2009

A very well written article. It captured the feel of it brilliantly. Es should write some more if he's capable of this.

A truly inspirational read. Thanks UKC.
 El Greyo 12 Mar 2009
A very good read Es; I enjoyed it from my armchair immensely.

I'm still chuckling at imagining Blair's reaction to being told that he could earn £150 for retrieving Pete's gear.
 HP 12 Mar 2009
In reply to EsT: Nice on Es. Liked it. Bit annoyed, though, since I was so absorbed reading it that I missed my place in the online queue for michael Jackson tickets!
Henry
 Astral Highway 12 Mar 2009

Quality. Absolutely great story, brilliantly told.
 SonyaD 12 Mar 2009
In reply to Doug: Certainly one of the best stories I've read. It was very well written, with lots of feeling, humour and tension. I can't seem to view the vidoe though
Paul035 12 Mar 2009

Agree with all the above, superb article, really enjoyed it. Great to see a short video clip on the route as well.

Any plans to head back and have another crack at it?
 Wee Davie 12 Mar 2009
In reply to Doug:

>the best article yet on UKC?

The best I reckon, and well done Es and Jack for assembling it. I used to buy OTE and Climb when they had good Scottish Winter spreads by Colin Wells and this article is comparable. More of the same please!
 220bpm 13 Mar 2009

Really enjoyed that, a good read indeed

Thanks.
 Lemony 13 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Three very good articles of late (this, the washington column and JCM's Blackchurch one). Keep it up!
 Carless 20 Mar 2009

Top article Es
--
Give me a shout next time you're over

Cheers
Carless

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...