UKC

NEWS: Jacinda Hunter - Four Kids and F8c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Mar 2009
[Jacinda 'JC' Hunter clebrates after her ascent of Breaking the Law (F8c) 320, 4 kb]Jacinda “JC” Hunter has climbed Breaking the Law, Black and Tan area, Utah, USA. The route was first climbed by Dave Graham back in 2001 and is graded 5.14b (F8c).

JC Hunter is a 30 year old mother of four and as reported on Momentum, "she spent many days with her husband Mike, while their four kids explored the area, mom just up the hill working her project."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46547
 The sharp end 18 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Now THAT has inspired me! Awesome stuff!
 Misha 18 Mar 2009
Impressive, particularly with four kids and a proper job - probably more impressive than what the pros get up to. (I don't have a TV either but there are no prospects of me ever climbing 8s, and that's with no kids!)
 Silum 18 Mar 2009
The link provided does say it was downgraded on its second ascent to easy 5.13d.

Still, good for her, sounds like a cool mum!
 ayuplass 18 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

ooh I might consider having 4 kids if it gets me up 8c. Although on consideration I'd be well chuffed with 8a so maybe I'll just have 2
 wingalina 18 Mar 2009
Thats a pretty awesome achievement even without 4 kids and a full time job!

Got to ask though, does anybody else think there is something odd about her right arm in the "celebrating" picture?

Maybe thats why she's so good?
 mikeski 18 Mar 2009
In reply to wingalina:

terrorist fist jab!
domk 18 Mar 2009
In reply to wingalina:

I think the photo appears wierd becasue it was taken with a telscopic lens. It was taken from Joe Kinder's blog www.joekindkid.com (to read the story about it scroll down the page and click on older posts, then scroll all the way to the bottom to the post dated Feb 24 2009, the day she sent the route). Also to read Collette McKinnery's first hand account of JC's send check out her blog www.coletteloc.com (and again scroll down to her blog post 'Inspiring Sends' written on February 25, 2009).

I think this is one of the most inspiring sends of the year. She gives all of us who try to hold down full time jobs and push our grades a lot of hope. When does she find the time?
 Michael Ryan 20 Mar 2009

Was talking to a a tradster this morning, firmly old skool. Male, late 30's, gnarly dude, and he said this was the most inspiring 'send' he had heard about all year.

Mick
 Silum 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

stop the presses!
 TimB 21 Mar 2009
In reply to domk:
> (In reply to wingalina)
>
> I think the photo appears wierd becasue it was taken with a telscopic lens.

I don't think so, if you watch the vid on momentumvm then when she goes up into the undercut by the first bolt, and then when she goes up into the sidepull where the angle changes you can see that her elbows really do bend like that! I've always sort of assumed that people whose elbows do that are non-exercising spaghetti-armed people. I am wrong.

The video's ace. It's refreshing to see videos showing something with obviously, eye-wateringly brick hard moves that isn't a boulder problem.

>
> I think this is one of the most inspiring sends of the year. She gives all of us who try to hold down full time jobs and push our grades a lot of hope. When does she find the time?

I guess she makes the time - I can't imagine how with four kids though!
Randy Baird 21 Mar 2009
In reply to TimB:

>I guess she makes the time - I can't imagine how with four kids though!

A fingerboard at the door of every one of the kids' rooms? She could get some training in every time she has to tell them to get ready for school or tidy it up?
 Cragdog al 24 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: shes pretty impressive for a mother of four!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...