UKC

NEWS: BMC Presidential Election Countdown - Get your vote in

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Apr 2009
[Doug Scott and Rab Carrington, BMC Presidential candidates., 3 kb]The BMC's AGM is next weekend, 24 to 26 April, and takes place at Plas y Brenin. There will be a vote for a new BMC President. As a BMC member you are entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) - even if you are not able to attend in person. Full details in this news report.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46991
In reply to UKC News:

Just filled out the form, it took 5 minutes and four of those were finding my membership card.

Well worth doing and it is FREEPOST so you don't even need a stamp.

Get your votes in!!

Alan
Ackbar 20 Apr 2009
In reply to UKC News: I'll be voting for less Dame Kelly Holmes and more adventure
 ERU 20 Apr 2009
I need someone to do a proxy vote for me.
In reply to ERU: You can nominate the Chair as your proxy but still maintain control of your vote by ticking the appropriate boxes. Proxy card is at http://www.thebmc.co.uk/bmcNews/media/u_content/File/your_bmc/annual_report...
 Chris the Tall 20 Apr 2009
In reply to ERU:
> I need someone to do a proxy vote for me.

I don't think you do, but it is somewhat confusing. You can specify on the voting form exactly how you want to vote on all the motions put down. So you may as well put the chair down as your proxy and tick all the boxes as you see fit.

Another option would be to select your national council rep - see this list http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Pages.aspx?page=181 - as most of them will be attending the AGM.

This would enable them to vote on your behalf should any motions/ammedments be proposed from the floor (I'm sure what is possible here, plus it assumes you know their opinions and they know yours)
 AlisonS 20 Apr 2009
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I think by far the safest thing is to select the chair. Otherwise your proxy could go sick, or "lose" your slip if they strongly disagree with you.
 Martin Davies 20 Apr 2009
So I can vote for or against on 2, 3, 4, 5, 8a, 8b, 8c, and 9.

2. Minutes of previous AGM held on Sat 19 April 08
- Does for mean i accept the minutes?

3 + 4 are similar. Does for mean I want to adopt the reports? What happens if majority are against?

5. Does for mean i want Bentley & Co to be appointed as Auditors?

8a. Does for mean I want all 3 to get re-elected?

9. Subs - Does for mean I want them to stay the same?

I am probably being completely stupid but a little confused about some of them having never voted before. 8b and 8c are obvious cos for or against a person, and 8c has both candidates written down.

Cheers, M
 Chris the Tall 20 Apr 2009
In reply to Martin Davies - KCLMC:
Most of these votes are constitutional and legal requirements and there is little point in voting Against. For example, if the Auditors weren't approved, then what - The BMC would have to go and find someone else to do it. Subs are usually a bone of contention, but this year are being frozen, which is the same result as would happen if they were rejected.
The only point in voting Against any of the proposal is to register your disapproval in the way the BMC is being run, but it's a bit of a vague gesture.

I suppose if any of the votes were rejected, the BMC might be forced to hold an EGM, as happened a few years ago when the clubs rejected the subs, but surely it has got better things to do.
 Simon 20 Apr 2009
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Chris - your down as my trusted Proxy!!

Ok for a lift on Weds night boss?

Ta

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...