UKC

NEWS: World Bouldering News + Video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 May 2009
[Nalle on The Globalist 8B+ / Photo: Heikki Toivanen, 2 kb]It appears that Japan is the place to be, with multiple hard problems being climbed in the last few weeks.

Nalle Hukkataival repeated Bansousha a problem that was thought by some to be 'the hardest slab in the World'.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=47347

Paul B 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: Bit strange the way Balrogs is handled in that article?
Mighty fine flash but you have a video saying 8a+ and comment its soft for the grade but yet have it down as the first 8b?
 SARS 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:
> It appears that Japan is the place to be, with multiple hard problems being climbed in the last few weeks.
>
> Nalle Hukkataival repeated Bansousha a problem that was thought by some to be 'the hardest slab in the World'.

Indeed, Japan is awesome for all types of climbing!

Just to mention that Bansousha is in Ogawayama I believe, as you don't have that in your article.
 ejected 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: that bradbury vid, what's that all about? did they send the wrong one in by mistake or somethin?
 UKB Shark 08 May 2009
In reply to ejected:

It shows the problem that had been flashed as presumably there wasn't a video sent in of the actual flash - it happens sometimes - they probably forgot to take the lens cap off - I expect a full apology will be made in due course.
 Silum 08 May 2009
In reply to Simon Lee:
> (In reply to ejected)
>
> It shows the problem that had been flashed as presumably there wasn't a video sent in of the actual flash - it happens sometimes - they probably forgot to take the lens cap off - I expect a full apology will be made in due course.

haha
simonwhittle 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:
It was given 8B by fred, but a easier sequence was found which is now thought to be 8A+, but the original method is still considered 8B. Wonder which one he used!
 Toccata 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Hardest slab problem in the world. I await Dave M reapeating it at Font 7c...
 Paul B 08 May 2009
In reply to simonwhittle: yes but that is irrelevant. Doing a problem using a duff sequence doesn't make a harder problem.
 abarro81 08 May 2009
In reply to Paul B:
Unless you're on peak limestone
simonwhittle 09 May 2009
In reply to Paul B:
Alright no need to be arsey, just letting you know the information. Whats wrong with the people on this place
 seagull 20 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

I wish Ty would go and crush all these Schwaiger brothers' problems so we can find out what grade they actually are.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...