UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Lakes Festival Of Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Jun 2009
[Reecastle, 2 kb]This year's BMC Lakes Festival of Climbing is taking place over the weekend of 12-14th June in the glorious Duddon Valley.
The event is open to everyone, and was a great success last year with great weather, excellent climbing and a very sociable atmosphere. Climb at your own level on any of...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=47753
 Ally Baba 08 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: What is it that actually goes on there? Is it just pretty much everyone plans to go too the lakes for the weekend, then there's a party afterwards?
In reply to UKC News: Unfortunately the Dow, Duddon & Slate guide is now out of print and the last few remaining copies in the shops will probably have gone by then.

However, I have been scanning some of the crags and have put them on the FRCC website as free pdf downloads: http://www.frcc.co.uk/publications.asp#7

These downloads don't include the new routes but these are available to print out elsewhere on the FRCC website.
anthonyecc 09 Jun 2009
In reply to Ally Baba: Last year was awesome although the walk up walna scar to Dow was mired by a downpour at the very top. never mind as rain in one valley means its dry somewhere else. The exceptionally hard pub quiz at the newfield inn was fun even tho everyone blatantly tried to cheat! Martin Kocsis from the BMC provided tea/coffe and biscuits in the morning (if you could get past his Husky first!) Al phizakalea provided topo's for some little known crags in the duddon valley. I visited Brandy crag on harter fell on the second day (much better weather) which was a delightful outing, some good routes.
I just wished I could go this year but yet again I have to work a weekend! Gutted.

P.s. Turner Hall farm is a delightful campsite and many thanks to the owners for letting us use it en masse!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...