UKC

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO: Ueli Steck Speed Solo - Grandes Jorasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 12 Jun 2009
[Ueli Steck, 4 kb]Ueli Steck has smashed speed records with audacious ascents of the big three Alpine North faces in literally just a couple of hours.

He speed soloed the Colton-Macintyre route on the Grandes Jorasses in a ridiculous 2 hours and 20 minutes. His record for the Eiger North Face is 2 hours and 47 minutes and his record for the North face of the Matterhorn is a mind bending 1 hour and 56 minutes. Less than 2 hours!

In this video you can see him in action on the Colton-Macintyre.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1915

henbot 12 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Frightening just to watch!!
 Boogs 12 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

that is seriously impressive , awesome , spectacular video footage too , good work Jon , inspiring stuff , congratulations & hats off to all involved .
 Morgan Woods 12 Jun 2009

nice work Jon.

note: the vids says 2:47 for the Colton not 2:20?
 Jon Bracey 12 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: 'Aided by experts from the Swiss Olympic team, his body is at peak physical fitness which, it seems, allows him to not feel lactic acid build up and for him to literally run up these alpine faces'.

Would be good to know what allows him to not feel lactic acid build up............
 vincentvega 12 Jun 2009

Feck that!
 Jon Griffith 12 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: might be worth noting that I didnt pant my way up it as we got helied into the top and rapped the face (hence why at the summit its sunrise and the bottom its day time). And yes, apologies, I mixed his GJ time with the Eiger time. Will amend asap, thanks
Jon

Diggler 12 Jun 2009
In reply to Jon Bracey:
> (In reply to UKC Articles) 'Aided by experts from the Swiss Olympic team, his body is at peak physical fitness which, it seems, allows him to not feel lactic acid build up and for him to literally run up these alpine faces'.
>
> Would be good to know what allows him to not feel lactic acid build up............

Tis nothing to do with physical condition tis the dark arts no one can climb like that without demonic intervention.
 Ron Walker 12 Jun 2009
In reply to Jon Griffith:

I was wondering how you did the filming - I thought surely he's not soloing up alongside then rushing ahead with the camera to get shots from above! Great inspirational video. What kit did you use for the stills and video?

Cheers Ron
 Jon Griffith 15 Jun 2009
In reply to Ron Walker: All taken on a Canon 5D mark II. The HD is incredible quality with a good piece of glass on the front to the camera

Jon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...