UKC

parking at Ardrossan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oliwarlow 15 Jun 2009
thinking of a trip to Arran this weekend. planning on driving to Ardrossan and leaving the car there over the weekend. I don't know Ardorssan, but will it be pretty easy to find somewhere closish to the port where I can leave a car for free for a few days?
Thanks
 Liam42 15 Jun 2009
In reply to oliwarlow: From memory the best and easiest car park to use is down on the pier a few mins from the terminal (on the left of the access rod), it isn't free but given I've used it a few times means it's probably pretty cheap (I'm thinking it was only a few quid for several days), the alternative is somewhere back in the town and that's going to be a pretty decent walk to the terminal especially if your carrying gear, I'd just head down to the terminal and see what you think, if the car parking charges are prohibitive just work back towards the town and see what crops up.

Liam
 cat22 15 Jun 2009
In reply to oliwarlow: Parking is pretty cheap at the ferry terminal - I think £5ish for a weekend but I can't remember exactly.
Tim Chappell 15 Jun 2009
In reply to cat22:

You could park in a side-street off the main drag in Ardrossan, though looking at the state of the place, you might wonder if your car will still have wheels when you get back to it.
 sutty 15 Jun 2009
In reply to oliwarlow:

As at 25 dec 2008 it was £4.30 a day. Tel no if you wish to call;

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/ads/details.html#General_Services
OP oliwarlow 15 Jun 2009
In reply to sutty:

Thanks for the info guys, guess if I value my car i'll probbaly fork out a few quid for parking.
thanks again
 Lucy Wallace 15 Jun 2009
In reply to oliwarlow:

Yes agree with what is said above- recommend the carpark at the ferry terminal. Much safer for your vehicle and not that expensive for peace of mind. The streets of Ardrossan are not the sort of place to leave your vehicle for any length of time.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...