UKC

Recommend me an online photo account please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Inca:) 17 Jun 2009
Hi all, I'am looking for recommendations for an online photo sharing websites eg (Flickr). What are peoples experiences of these sites and what would you recommend ??

All i'd like to do is set up an account where people can view my photos..

Many thanks
 j_duds 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:
Flickr. I tried several others including the Microsoft and google ones and didnt like them, I found them slow and inflexible, not easy for friends to view etc.

Try them out and see which one suits your needs.
 freerangecat 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

:-p
OP Inca:) 17 Jun 2009
In reply to j_duds: thanks for that, I'am looking for the easiest solution for friends to access.....
In reply to freerangecat: hello lass yup its for the photos from the old man of Hoy
 freerangecat 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

They're my photos!!
 melmyo 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca: I use flickr, and I've got the flickr uploadr installed and it makes it a lot easier to get photos on there! I usually put most of my photos on facebook though, this way all my friends and family can see them and they can see when I've added more (assuming they login often).
In reply to melmyo: So would facebook be a better bet for access? and is it easier for people to keep up to date with ?? oh just realized if you have a facebook or flickr account do people need to be registered or have to login to access the photos ??
In reply to freerangecat: Its so dad can see them, the files are to big for him to download via email, am only at the 600 mark
 freerangecat 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

Hmmmm I might have to let you off then... maybe...
 ebygomm 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca: flickr over facebook any day.
Dolbert 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

I use pbase - have to pay though.

Starts at $12 but easy to display and share, and I think looks better than flickr. Also it seems to sneak under the firewall at the office, whereas flickr doesn't.
 Tall Clare 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

I <heart> flickr.
 DougG 17 Jun 2009
In reply to Tall Clare:

Me too. Kind of hard to imagine life without it these days.
In reply to Inca: Thanks for the help folks, looks like its a majority vote for flickr I think .......
 radson 17 Jun 2009
Im flickr and facebook, especially as iPhoto automatically uploads to both.
 melmyo 18 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:
People don't have to be registered on either, unless you set your photos to be viewable by friends & family only, or private. Flickr has a photo limit of 200 photos unless you get a pro account ($25 a year). It also has an upload limit (unless you go pro), but facebook doesn't. There has also been a lot of bad press about people stealing photos off flickr, but not so much (infact none that I know of) from facebook.

I use both, flickr more for advertising, promoting and networking for the things I make, and facebook more to let friends & family know what I've been up to and that I'm still alive and kicking.
 ebygomm 18 Jun 2009
In reply to melmyo:

> People don't have to be registered on either, unless you set your photos to be viewable by friends & family only, or private.

Not so with flickr, you can make photos private, only viewable by friends/family etc but send a 'guest pass' to non-flickr people for them to view the photos which can be cancelled at any time.

> There has also been a lot of bad press about people stealing photos off flickr, but not so much (infact none that I know of) from facebook.

But then you do ".... grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post ..."
Will Phillips 18 Jun 2009
I use picasa and find it good for having an accessible albums for friends/family to view. Storage space is generous and uploads to it are quick and easy. It also offers some editing tools if you are without photoshop or lightroom.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 18 Jun 2009
In reply to Inca:

I have used PBase for some years: http://www.pbase.com/chris_craggs - it costs €20 year I think £1 a month!) for 500 meg of storage. Slick look, very fast, no size limits, (which can be useful http://www.pbase.com/chris_craggs/image/80931532) no adverts, free access for others unless you password your galleries.

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...