UKC

Mobile Phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 frankcp87 27 Jun 2009
My mobile finally died last night of many months of illness...

Now it was one of those 'indestructible' nokias, and i want a new phone, however i want it to work for more than a year and one that can survive me dropping it daily...

Are there any new phones that are tough enough out there?
As i don't really want do pay £65 for another second hand version of the one that just died..
 TN 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87: Which model was it and would you want the same again? If so, I may be able to help..,
OP frankcp87 27 Jun 2009
In reply to TN: a 5140i...
 oliwarlow 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87:

I have a lot of 'impact and moisture' relates issues with my phone too. Samsung make a phone called the 'solid' that is drop and waterproof. last time I looked they where £100+ though, so a bit expensive.
 Jaffacake 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87:

Sonim do a couple of tough phones http://www.sonimtech.com/index.php

I have the xp1, although it didn't survive my friend smashing it as hard as he could into a concrete surface to 'test' it I did get a replacement. It did survive my 'tests' of throwing it down the stairs and putting it in pints of beer, plus a couple of years of my general clumsyness.

I think they are expensive if you don't get them free on a contract though.
johnSD 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87:

Don't know if it's still available (I got mine a couple of years ago), but the 5500 was the (more or less) replacement for the 5140.
 TN 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87: Okay, I have before me an orange 5210, a blue 5140 (unsure if it's an 'i') and a black & white 5100. They all work as far as I know - will of course charge them up & test if anyone is interested. And yes, we really should stop hoarding electronic goodies... If OP (or anyone else) is interested, please email me for more info.
OP frankcp87 27 Jun 2009
In reply to frankcp87: Cheers guys!! I've never heard of half these phones... I'll see what deals i can get on some of them online.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...