UKC

spigolo del velo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jas wood 06 Jul 2009
Folks
Going to dolomites on wed :O) and because we are arriving there late afternoon we are after a climb to do "on the way in" the next morning with access from car in a few hours. Am thinking spigolo del velo fits the bill on cima della madonna any thoughts from people familair with area / route.

jas
 Heike 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood:

Well, it's a great route - looking at your grades you should be able to move up it swiftly, it is however a couple of hours walk-in from the car to the start of the route and as most people do it from the refugio you might get stuck behind a load other parties.

I'd walk-in in the evening and set off early, this way you get in front of all the Italians who can't leave the hut without their 2nd cappucino! (That's what we did....)

Enjoy!
OP jas wood 06 Jul 2009
In reply to Heike: sorry i didnt make it clear we will be walking in late afternoon with bivvy bags or to stay at ref then climb daft o clock in the morning :O)
sounds like its what we are after !
 cat22 06 Jul 2009
 sjminfife 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood:
I'm dead jealous,I've seen pictures of this route and have been trying to get mates interested.Have a great trip.
sjm
OP jas wood 06 Jul 2009
In reply to sjminfife: we have a spare flight from leeds bradford and a hire car for 6 days :O) and were looking for another as we will be in a 3 (all competent)
 Dave Warburton 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood: Have a good time Jas. Keep an Eye out for Luke Hunt, he'll be buzzing around in the Dollies while your there.
Take plenty of Photos!
 NickJH 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood:
Good route, great setting but be aware its it stays the shade early through the morning. If you stay at the hut you may be offered the option of having your rucksacks transported back to the valley via the small cablecar that services the hut!
 Heike 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood:
> (In reply to Heike) sorry i didnt make it clear we will be walking in late afternoon with bivvy bags or to stay at ref then climb daft o clock in the morning :O)
> sounds like its what we are after !

Yeah, absolutely, this will be a great first route for you then. It's fantastic, you'll get some nice piccies when you are walking in, a line that just begs to be climbed!

Can I also recommend the Pala del Refugio and Sass d'Ortiga combo to you - not desperately hard, but amazing climbing, particularly the hole-ridden top four hundred metres on the Sass d'Ortiga.

victorclimber 06 Jul 2009
In reply to jas wood: did it back in the early 60,s great route,the hut back then was only very small,think its bigger now..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...