UKC

Recommend me a sat nav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rossowen 07 Jul 2009
My mum is looking for a sat nav for her birthday - she wants one with a really big screen.

I seen some with a 4.3 inch screen, but can anyone recommend me one? Can you get bigger screens?

I've never owned one so I have no idea.
 Graham C 07 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:
A really big screen to put in the middle of her windscreen and reduce her vision of the road?
Sorry, nothing more constructive than that I'm affraid.
 Boogs 07 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:
ive got a Garmin nuvi 200W , cheap & cheerful wide screen would recommend it ! good software too . .
OP rossowen 07 Jul 2009
In reply to Graham Charman:

Yes - exactly! And what for..? the sat nav reads out the directions!

Still, she wants a bigger screen and that's that, even if I have told her they are twice the price of the normal size ones.
 Dave B 07 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:

They often read out rubbish tho'. e.g. 'keep left' rather than 'take next motorway exit' where actually having a quick peaky at the screen can help. I would suggest that Garmin are generally simple, but miss some nice features of the latest TOm Tom. I'd but a Tom TOm one IQ... or rather I woudn't. As I have one that works just fine thank you, but is a bit rubbish at times.

Expect her to crash in the first week of having it

She'll need to train herself to ignore most of the messages and read the road, not just listen to the messages. Its not a replacement for a good passenger
OP rossowen 07 Jul 2009
In reply to boogie man: That looks good - I was looking at that one before. Does it have a large idiot proof screen?
In reply to boogie man:

Seconded, I also have a nuvi. I really like it, although I'd have to got ot he car and measure the screen to tell you how big it is. Software is easy to use, big clear icons. Very easy to update the software too should anything go wrong or a new version come out.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...