UKC

NEW REVIEW: Montane Terra Pant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Jul 2009
[Montane Terra Pant 1, 3 kb]Toby Archer reviews the Terra Pants from Montane.

"a solid pair of lightweight trousers for climbing in the mountains"

Read the full review...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1970

lithos 10 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

they re brilliant and I really rate the thigh vents for hot days they can make (to my expereience) a hell of a difference.

the lower zips make it easier for me to roll up the legs - but there is no button/popper/loop to secure them

I wish they did them in better /solid colours though as thye are a great travle trouser as well.

the zip off versionare also good, no thigh vents (you can use the zips
as vents) and come in solid grey pattern

customer service is also great, replaced a pair where the zip had bust and replaced a belt that i trashed (melted it !!)

no relation to montane but very happy customer.
 Morgan Woods 10 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

Toby...is there shock cord around the ankles so you can roll them up below the knees...i find it pretty useful to be able to do this in cragging trousers.
 TobyA 10 Jul 2009
In reply to Morgan Woods: No shockcord but some poppers that might do that same thing. As you can see in the second and third photos, I just tend to roll them up a bit and that works fine, but actually with the poppers, you can have the ankles nicely trim so as you can see your feet just fine with them fully unrolled (see first photo).
 london_huddy 24 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Another vote for them. The cut isn't brilliant for freedom of movement but as an all-rounder they're hard to fault.
 fimm 24 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

"I've found that high leg lifts or wide bridges are no problem in the Terras when wearing a harness but, like many other trousers, they lose some other their flexibility when they aren't being used with a harness ..."

Some other?? <puzzled>. "some of their" maybe?

(Oh and <rant> why do they have to be "pants" - I assume Montane are American and I'm just going to have to lump it <end rant>
In reply to fimm:
Montane are very much a UK company, based in the Northumberland, just north of Newcastle.
The 'pants', rather than trousers thing is industry wide with US, UK and European brands all calling their legwear 'pants'. Trousers just don't sound sexy enough maybe?

The Montane Terra pants are very, very good (owning a couple of pairs myself i can testify to that). The best thing I've found is that they dry very quickly, so if you're caught on the crag in a shower, they'll pretty much dry on your legs as you go. Great mountain pants.

if you want to check them out in detail have a look at
http://www.climbers-shop.com/242175/products/Montane_Terra_Pants_Regular_Le...
 fimm 24 Jul 2009
In reply to The Climbers Shop:
> (In reply to fimm)
> Montane are very much a UK company, based in the Northumberland, just north of Newcastle.

How weird. They're based in a town called Ashington, which is just down the road from where I grew up.

> The 'pants', rather than trousers thing is industry wide with US, UK and European brands all calling their legwear 'pants'. Trousers just don't sound sexy enough maybe?

I've noticed that it is very common. To me, it just sounds very American, and I definitely find it off-putting, but it would appear that I am in the minority.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...