UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Visiting Italian Grabs 3rd Ascent of Point Blank - E8

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Jul 2009
[Erik Svab, 3 kb]Visiting Italian climber Erik Svab recently ticked what seems to be the most popular E8 in Britain this year; Dave Pickford's Point Blank at Stennis Ford, Pembroke.

Svab described the route thus:

"I find this route really fantastic: nice climb, nice line, very good for me: pumpy for the forearms, gently overhanging with crimps and precise climbing..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48375
 Morgan Woods 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

cool though must admit i'd never heard of him....but always good to see our euro friends enjoying the delights of UK trad.
 long 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant.

Does anyone know what happened to Pete? Too pumped to place the kit or couldn't find the runner slot? Awesome effort going for the onsight.
 220bpm 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Good going that man, and a nice selction of photos/routes in the article.

TonyM 15 Jul 2009
In reply to 220bpm:
> Good going that man, and a nice selection of photos/routes in the article.

Second that - he's clearly an all-round super hero. The mixed route Illuminati must rate as one of the most mind-bogglingly impressive climbs that anyone has climbed with ice axes ever.
 Alex Mason 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News: Damn i wanted the 3rd ascent!
 andi turner 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort Erik, you seem quite happy with that ascent. I feel a little spoiled that I got to climb with Erik so much on the last International Meet, so perhaps someone else would like to on the next one I like that he mentions the pegs and that we are a little worried about them, but to him 'they're not so bad', this was his attitude which shone through whether it was pegs, loose rock or 'reputation-routes', it's clearly a good, if a little crazy, attitude to have.
 Jordan B 15 Jul 2009
In reply to andi turner:
Nice one Erik, looks a great route.
Think he would always prefer your belays tho Andi!! Did he ever finish off Trauma, did he involve you in that?
 andi turner 16 Jul 2009
In reply to Jordan:

He didn't on that visit, but I don't know whether he's been back since to finish it off.
 Wry Gob 16 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

If you climb a route with all the gear in-situ, surely you don't get the "trad" tick? (i.e. in this case E8)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...