UKC

NEW ARTICLE: INTERVIEW/PHOTOS: Alex Huber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 15 Jul 2009
[Alex Huber soloing the Grand Capucin, 3 kb]In this mini interview, Alex Huber explains how he is drawn to the highest and hardest walls in the world and how he thinks highly of British climbers:

"It's said that the British have the boldest style, and the boldest opinions of climbing in general. Britons want to go alpine style, self-sufficient, as lightweight as possible...."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1899

GrahamD 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

He obviously hasn't visited the Lake District recently.
 lps 15 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:
i'm surprised that with a question

"Is there a difference between European and American styles?"

the answer is

"It's said that the British have the boldest style, and the boldest opinions of climbing in general. Britons want to go alpine style, self-sufficient, as lightweight as possible. Mount Everest, for instance, has been done without bottled oxygen from base camp to summit in sixteen hours. They don't want to use any kind of aid, that's the purest form of alpinism. It's a British tradition to go climbing in places where nobody has gone before, which means they take on the real challenge."

are you sure he said this? didn't he understand the question? how does going on about british trad compare europe (who on the whole aren't british) & america? i wonder what he really thinks?
 gcandlin 16 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: He must have seen me on that vdiff last month!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...