UKC

NEWS: Gaz Parry Climbs True North - F8c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 21 Jul 2009
[Gaz Parry Climbs True North - F8c 320, 6 kb]Gaz Parry has climbed the super-stamina F8c True North at Kilnsey, Yorkshire.

Commenting on his blog, Gaz describes his motivation for the line:

"A long time ago I witnessed a ground breaking fast ascent of True North. That day I had the pleasure of holding Ian Vickers' ropes as he worked the route and redpointed it on his first attempt all within 2 hours. Even by today's standards this would be considered a fast ascent of an 8c. Since then the seed had been sowed that one day I would clip the chains having repeated True North."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48446
In reply to UKC News: Good luck to gaz on his Spanish venture.
 MattH 21 Jul 2009
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Effort Gaz, especially after finishing 3rd in the BBC just over a week ago - powerful bouldering and stamina 8c back to back!

MattH
 gaz parry 22 Jul 2009
In reply to MattH: Cheers chaps. I went to Kilnsey also yesterday and did a fun link up. No new climbing really apart from maybe one move. But it combines two amazing routes. Climb 50 for 5 to the belay (dont clip it) then step left in The Ashes to finish up this. Awesome. If its not been done before it is called Freddies Revenge 8a.
 john arran 22 Jul 2009
In reply to gaz parry:

Nice one Gaz.
Now, can anyone name any other route names with grammatical errors?

Adam Lincoln 22 Jul 2009
In reply to gaz parry:
> (In reply to MattH) Cheers chaps. I went to Kilnsey also yesterday and did a fun link up. No new climbing really apart from maybe one move. But it combines two amazing routes. Climb 50 for 5 to the belay (dont clip it) then step left in The Ashes to finish up this. Awesome. If its not been done before it is called Freddies Revenge 8a.

I posted this over on ukb, but Dal did this few weeks back.

In reply to gaz parry:

Dal did this linkup last wednesday or thursday (15 or 16th), on saturday she then did sticky wicket into the ashes, both joining the ashes at the crux without going through the eyes. both look nails. with the 50 for 5 link up being more nails-erer (proper grammer)

Cheers
Tim

p.s. have a top time back in spain again mate.
 gaz parry 22 Jul 2009
In reply to tbertenshaw: Cool good for Dal, i did it through the eyes as this looked like the logical line to me. Great link up though which ever way you go.
 Andy Farnell 22 Jul 2009
In reply to gaz parry: Well done Gaz. Just as well you got it before it got soaked again.

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...