UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Drew Haigh: British Lead Climbing Champion 2009

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 23 Jul 2009
[Drew Haigh competing in the 2009 BLCC at EICA, Ratho, 3 kb]If you take competition climbing seriously you can drive yourself mad.

It just takes over your life. Every waking minute is spent either training or feeling guilty about not training. And so was my life for the last three months.

Drew Haigh of OCD Climbing Designs gives us a personal account of his BLCC win...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1990
 Adam Lincoln 23 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

Very inspiring Drew.
 lithos 23 Jul 2009

excellent article and congrats Drew !
 Fraser 23 Jul 2009
In reply to lithos:

Second that!

Excellent commentary too on those 3 clips. I really like hearing the climber doing a voice-over, describing his movement on the wall - Drew always comes over on them as very entertaining and informative, especially to us lowly punters.
 dirtbag1 24 Jul 2009
In reply to Fraser:
Cheers for that guys.
Really nice comp. Nice not to be blown all over and frozen stiff like at Blackpool in previous years.
Fantastic route setting and Ratho did a great job in all regards.
People enjoyed it and all the young climbers who've just come up from the juniors did really well (Ross, Ed and obviously James).
Normally national comps like this can be a bit intimidating, but the way this one was organised seemed to make it a pretty relaxed affair. Even under the unavoidable pressure, everyone climbed well and should to be proud of their performances.
If this is the way British comps are going to be in the future, the turnout for these events (both competitors and audience) should increase loads.
If you fancy a bash next year, I'd recommend it to anyone, don't be put off by thinking you need to be a rock star. It's always worth a try. Everybody is supportive (especially the other competitors). Nobody will laugh if you fall off low down...give it a try, you might like it.
In reply to dirtbag1: For me to enter it needs a handicap style like golf. Maybe I could use a ladder to compete?
 dirtbag1 24 Jul 2009
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
That doesn't sound very fair........maybe you could use a cherry-picker.
In reply to dirtbag1: Like your thinking - well done fella.
 Bill Davidson 24 Jul 2009
In reply to dirtbag1:

Well done Bawbag!!!
 Will Hunt 26 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:
Well done Drew. Looks like you pissed the final.
 robdan 02 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: Very good article, enjoyed it and congrats !
 dirtbag1 02 Aug 2009
In reply to robdan:
Thanks mate.
Still smiling.
Drew
 Andy S 06 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC Articles: a good read Drew

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...