UKC

Edelrid Python Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dbm 28 Jul 2009
Got a leaflet in the post yesterday from Go Outdoors. Thay have some 50% off deals which includes Edelrid Python 10mm ropes. 50m £51.99 // 60m £61.99

As a novice I am still getting to grips with manufacturers and equipment. I was considering maybe the 50m one for Grade 2/3 Scrambles, top roping and sport climbing. Anyone any experience with these ropes?

David
In reply to DaveMinsh: They will be fine for your needs and at a great price
 Coel Hellier 28 Jul 2009
In reply to DaveMinsh:

> I was considering maybe the 50m one for Grade 2/3 Scrambles, top roping and sport climbing.

I've got an Edelrid 10mm Python for sport climbing and it is fine. For sport climbing you might go for 60m rather than 50m. For Grade 2/3 scrambles I'd prefer to take a much lighter rope, say an 8.5-mm 50-m "half" rope, which would still be fine.
 mrjonathanr 29 Jul 2009
In reply to DaveMinsh:
Edelrid are a quality manufacturer. I have used their ropes for years.
dvidjwalks 29 Jul 2009
In reply to mrjonathanr:

I tried Go Outdoors today. Somebody had bought all the 60m rope before it went out to the shops / live. Bugger.
 Kevin Bowser 29 Jul 2009
In reply to dvidjwalks: They're on the website now too, and show as in stock. £6 postage to add on though...
 Gone 08 Aug 2009
In reply to MrFlibble:

They've now sold out of the 50m and 60m ropes for Internet ordering. I had to go to my local store (Harlow) which has plenty of both sizes, probably because they haven't got round to putting the discount labels on the shop floor, so it still says £80 on the ticket, but scans as £52 on the till.

Only gotcha is that if you collect in person you have to buy a £4 discount card to get that price. But I got a couple of other things cheap while I was there.

Looks like a nice rope. The python in question must be a reticulated python, judging by the colours and pattern.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...