UKC

Gower Climbing Festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello 28 Jul 2009
If anyone is keen to visit the gower but not sure where to start then have a look at the website below and try the Gower Climbing Festival on the 4th - 6th September.

http://www.gowerclimbingfestival.co.uk/

From the BMC website... The first BMC Gower Festival of Climbing is taking place over the first weekend of September. The aim of the festival is to encourage first time visitors to the Gower, and to showcase some of the excellent and accessible climbing on offer thougout the grades.
In reply to Hello: Thanks for posting that, I'll look forward to popping across from Cardiff to have a look.
 stuwelly85 29 Jul 2009
In reply to Hello:

Thanks for the exposure 'hello' Glad to see our website is getting around. Maybe see you at the festival
 kendogcatchy 29 Jul 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:

I'm heading down with some mates despite the fact that everytime I go to the gower it tries to kill me.

lokking forward to it!
 Glansa 29 Jul 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:

So is this going to be an annual thing?

Our currently unborn first-born will only be 3-5 weeks old by then so won't be making it this year! But my folks live on the Gower and it's good to have more excuses to head down there (it's a long drive!). I always mean to fit in more climbing when we visit but never seem to manage it...

Hope this one goes well and will be keeping an eye out for future events.

Nick
 stuwelly85 29 Jul 2009
In reply to Nick B, Another One:

The gower tries to kill you? oh dear! Just ask it to play nice in September!

Yes hopefully we'll do it every year, lets hope this year is a hit!

Stuart
BMC South Wales Rep
Hello 30 Jul 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:

Glad to help. I just hope that people come along and enjoy the gower on the 4-6th sept, and hope the weather decides to be nice by then!
 stuwelly85 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Hello:

I have booked & paid a deposit with MetOffice to ensure good weather, but I think I may be scammed! :p
 Ropeboy 14 Aug 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:

I'm thinking of coming down with the family and was wondering if there will be someone to climb with on Saturday?

J
 Alex Thompson 01 Sep 2009
In reply to Ropeboy:
Anyone got space in their tent for a smelly climber from Huddersfield?? Looks like all the camp sites are fully booked up and I'm keen to go...
 stuwelly85 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Thompson:

Alex the main campsite were using isn't full, I spoke to them this morning?

Try Pitton Cross on 01792 391557

Were you trying to book through their website? I think a few people have had issues with this.

Hope this helps, and see you at the festival

Stu
 stuwelly85 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Ropeboy:

Hopefully there'll be plenty of people around! Can't garantee you a partner though sorry.
 Lloydfletch 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Hello: Hello. I live in neath (town near swansea for those not in the know). would defo be interested in climbing one day on the weekend if i can get a partner. email me or reply here if anyone's game. if possible it would be cool if someone was travelling from neath (or the swansea valley) for a day so i could have a lift! have led o couple of e1s, keen to try more. also, have full rack (no cams though) and a half rope that could be doubled over and used if on pitches under 30m.
 Alun 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Hello:
Just saw this now. Shame because I'm back in Britain this weekend and would have liked to go back to some of my old haunts, but now I've made other arrangements.

Have fun everyone, hope the weather holds out for you.

Nighttime ascents of Shelob are mandatory, I suppose?
 Alex Thompson 03 Sep 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:
Spoke to them this morning and got a pitch booked - cheers.
 chris wyatt 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Hello:
On the subject of partners. I was speaking to some people in the wall last night and it seems that there are quite a few people who would like to turn up but who do not have lead experience or their usual partners are not available. I reckon (but cannot guarantee) most people who come on that basis, and are willing to risk climbing with an unknown partner will will find themselves OK and if not there is always the bouldering ....

stuwelly85 09 Sep 2009
Thanks to 70 odd people that came to climb on Gower weekend just gone, the website will be updated with photo's from the weekend, and possibly a video.

Hope people enjoyed, any feedback welcomed.

Stuart Llewellyn
 Dan Lane 09 Sep 2009
In reply to stuwelly85:

Well Done Stuart, great weekend, only one criticism...you need to do it more often!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...