UKC

Slovenia, Triglav info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jcurley 31 Aug 2009
Will be climbing in slovenia next month, any info or where to find it appreciated. Looking at 'German Route' 1000m.
 Rich Guest 31 Aug 2009
In reply to jcurley:
> Will be climbing in slovenia next month, any info or where to find it appreciated.

It's south of Austria, west of Hungary. The pilot should know (if you're flying)
Ackbar 01 Sep 2009
In reply to jcurley: We went a few years ago with the aim of climbing around Spik. We took a taxi from the station to Kranj and then a bus to Martulijek(?) where we camped. Had nice views of Spik from there. We didn't do much climbing as did not have a guide book and the routes we got on were quite crumbly and hard to protect. But I'm sure when you get established on Triglav it will be different. We walked from Mojstrana, all the way up the Vrata valley to the Aljazev Dom hut. Then we walked up to the summit and back (took 10 hours walking pretty fast). Was a nice scramble with a bit of via ferrata. We only got brief glimpses of the north face as it was so misty. But looks amazing. The area around Spik is also really cool if you get the chance.

Sorry but that probably is of no use. Try Krappi if you get the chance. It looks like a giant maggot and has enough calories for 10 days in the mountains :-D Have fun.

Rich
Ackbar 01 Sep 2009
In reply to Ackbar: Actually now I am thinking about Slovenia again, I realise how much I'd like to get back on those big limestone walls and finish what we tried to start
OP jcurley 01 Sep 2009
In reply to Ackbar:
> (In reply to Ackbar) Actually now I am thinking about Slovenia again, I realise how much I'd like to get back on those big limestone walls and finish what we tried to start

I'll let you know how we get on thanks.
 Nadir khan 01 Sep 2009
triglav has loads of easy routes up the N face but the rock in almost the whole of slovenia is absolute crap. i would only go back there to ice climb , even the few sport routes we did has loose chos on it . the dollies are a much better bet for limestone . Oh and i almost forgot , you need a set of pegs and a hammer for protection on the routes !
OP jcurley 02 Sep 2009
In reply to nk:
> triglav has loads of easy routes up the N face but the rock in almost the whole of slovenia is absolute crap. i would only go back there to ice climb , even the few sport routes we did has loose chos on it . the dollies are a much better bet for limestone . Oh and i almost forgot , you need a set of pegs and a hammer for protection on the routes !

thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...