UKC

Air ambulance at Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tompilgrem 05 Sep 2009
Hi, saw a air ambulance and mountain rescue at bottom of stanage pop on way back from Burbage today.
Would like to wish whoever it was a safe recovery and wish it wasn't too serious.
Regards, tom
Bscott 05 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: I was up at stanage today, only a couple of routes away from the incident. I didnt see it happen but from what I seen and heard it didnt sound at all good.
 Peakpdr 05 Sep 2009
In reply to Bscott: i might be wrong but some passing climbers said he fell from the top of the crag to the bottom ..
 teflonpete 05 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Unfortunately it seems all too regular.

4 out of the first 6 times I went to Stanage this year the helicopter was out.

Seems there's a lot more accidents at Stanage than anywhere else, even though Burbage and Froggatt get really busy too.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to whoever got hurt and hope it wasn't too serious.

Pete
 Peakpdr 05 Sep 2009
In reply to pauldr: i heard it was black slab that the climber fell from ..
 escalade 05 Sep 2009
it was a girl was just around the corner doing christmas crack she fell from zigzag flake crack from a third of the way up she couldnt get a second runner in tried to backclimb and fell her only runner came out when she fell she was in a very very bad way hope she makes it
 Yanis Nayu 06 Sep 2009
In reply to Kenny Larsen: What a sad event. Condolences to her family and friends.
 chris fox 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Terrible news
sarah2809 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: this is just such sad news. My thoughts are with her family and friends. X
 teflonpete 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

So sorry to hear that, I feel really stupid now, wishing a speedy recovery earlier in the thread.
My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.
In reply to Kenny Larsen: Dreadful news. My thoughts are with family, friends and those who were witness to such an awful event.

T.
 Peakpdr 06 Sep 2009
In reply to Pursued by a bear: thats sad news my condolences to her family and friends
chickenpox 06 Sep 2009
Bloody terrible news, such a shame.
 Ropeboy 06 Sep 2009
In reply to :

Really really sad news.

It's not very often you hear about someone passing away as a result of climbing given the number of falls and accidents that happen at a busy crags like Stanage. I'm quite shocked.

J
 Al Evans 06 Sep 2009
In reply to Ropeboy: You can get killed anywhere, a good mate of mine was killed soloing on Windgather just a few years ago on a route he regularly soloed down, he banged his head and even his helmet didn't save him. You can generally fall off safely but just don't hit the ground, even then you are unlucky if you die.
Condolences To all who knew her.
Bingly Bong 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: Sad, sad news. Condolences to friends and family.
In reply to tompilgrem: I like many on here have lost good friends on the crags, and would like to send my heartfelt sympathy to her friends and family.
 AsleepOnBelay 06 Sep 2009
Absolutely terrible news. My sincere and heartfelt condolences go out to friends and family.
Dave Gregson 06 Sep 2009
In reply to escalade:
> it was a girl she fell from zigzag flake crack from a third of the way up she couldnt get a second runner in tried to backclimb and fell her only runner came out when she fell she was in a very very bad way.
My son and i were soloing at Stanage on Saturday , saw the helicopter and mountain rescue , but did`nt know the details. I feel sick now. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
 Diggler 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: Really sad to hear condolences to friends and family
In reply to tompilgrem:

This is really sad news, condolences to friends and family of the girl.
 Simon Lyons 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: Was on Burbage North on Sat and saw the air ambulance, hoped and never thought anything too serious had happend there was alot of air traffic due to the Chatsworth show I think.

So sad to hear such news, my condolences for the family and friends of the young lady.
 climberjames 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:
> Hi, saw a air ambulance and mountain rescue at bottom of stanage pop on way back from Burbage today.
> Would like to wish whoever it was a safe recovery and wish it wasn't too serious.
> Regards, tom

Really terrible news!! I read about it here: http://www.edalemrt.co.uk/cgi-bin/createIncidentMap.cgi?mapMode=Specific&am...
In reply to escalade:

Horrid news. Condolences to those involved
 ClimberEd 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Awful news.

I'm actually in shock over this, as climbing at Stanage (with gear etc) is not the sort of thing I associate with this.
 Crofty 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: My climbing buddy told me about this today, condolences to family and friends. Crofty.
 Conf#2 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Wishes and thoughts with family and friends

xx
 krikoman 06 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: I was there, not right there but near enough. It was awful so sorry for her, and her familt and friends.

Condolences to family and friends, does anyone know her name, I don't know why that's important but it just is.

Very very sad.

Mark
 anansie 07 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Heard about this earlier and feel heart sorry for her family and friends and indeed anyone who was there at the time.
In reply to tompilgrem:

Heard about this on Sat from a friend who was climbing at Stannage.
Condolences to her climbing buddy, family and friends and all who witnessed and dealt with this young lady.

I guess incidents like this make us all suddenly feel very mortal...
 Greenbanks 07 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Bad stuff.

As well as +thoughts directed to those connected to the causualty, its also worth remembering the MRT folk involved in this stuff. Not nice.

Darrengold 07 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:
Condolences to family and friends, very sad news

Darren
 Adders 08 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: very very sad news. I feel quite shocked to hear about the accident.
Big love to her family and friends.
In reply to all:

Please keep the helmet discussion for another time.

Very sad news. Condolences to friends and family.

Alan, UKC
 Charlie_Zero 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

More details of the incident in this report in the East Anglia Times

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&cate...
 Jus 08 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

speachless, really sad. reminds me of how fragile we all are.
 GrahamD 09 Sep 2009
In reply to Alan_2468:

That is a pretty well balanced newspaper report.

Very, very unlucky. Could have been any of us on another day.
In reply to Alan_2468: More details, including the name of the climber, are here. Once again, sincere condolences to family and friends.

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?brand=ESTO...

T.
 staceyjg 12 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem:

Found this today, awful news to have such an effect, I wish sincere condolences to all involved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212930/Triple-tragedy-prison-offic...

Very very sad.
chickenpox 12 Sep 2009
In reply to staceyjg: Thats so sad, he must have wondered what was going on around him with all this. Poor guy.
marc osborne 14 Sep 2009
In reply to chickenpox: Hi to everyone, thank you all for your mesasges, i will ensure they are all passed on, both funerals are this week. I was teaching jacki to climb just before she went. She was doing it for the lads she worked with. She was an amazing climber a natural fearless talent which you couldnt help but admire. It has been a really tough time, she was the life and soul of every party!
 gritstone 17 Sep 2009
In reply to marc osborne:

I have only just caught up with this tragedy; love and condolences to all involved.
 Silum 17 Sep 2009
In reply to staceyjg:
> (In reply to tompilgrem)
>
> Found this today, awful news to have such an effect, I wish sincere condolences to all involved.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212930/Triple-tragedy-prison-offic...
>
> Very very sad.

Gosh, that is really terrible, what a horrible sequence of events. So very sad.

stayfreejc 22 Sep 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: I was in America when I heard this. Condolences to all who knew her. A really horrible thing to happen.
 andrusht84 08 Oct 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: only just found out about this tragic event today by my climbing partner, we were over at stanage earlier today, and i am now very shocked and saddend by these events, stuck for words and dont really know what else can be said. I feel so truly sorry for her and all her family and friends who knew her.
 woodybenwood 11 Oct 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: very saddened by this news i wish her family and friends my condolences x
 deanj 11 Oct 2009
In reply to tompilgrem: my deapest thoughts go to all that new her and to the climbing comunity in general . keep it safe ..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...