UKC

OI NEWS: Llangollen Climbing Wall Opening - Sat 26 September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 25 Sep 2009
[Llangollen Climbing Centre, 3 kb]Llangollen at last is getting a climbing wall to go with the five miles of superb limestone cliffs above the town, so when you are rained off there is somewhere to go.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2122
 Joss 25 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Went to have a look there the other day, it looks good.
 Morgan Woods 25 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

is it a lead wall? didn't appear to be from the photos.
 ark05 28 Sep 2009
would like to know what everyone thinks of this. good alt if the limestone is wet?
 Tom Hutton 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
It's about 2 hours from me, but nearer than Wrexham. Am interested in how it compares?
 Tom Hutton 08 Oct 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Bump

Any reviews? Anyone been yet?
 Tom Hutton 20 Oct 2009
In reply to Tom Hutton:
Bump. Someone must have checked this out by now? What's it like?
In reply to Tom Hutton: Suppose it's best you go along for a look yourself. Out of interest where do you live?
 Joss 20 Oct 2009
In reply to Tom Hutton:
Its very compact but there are a lot of routes squeezed into the space thats there. The route setting is good as they have a couple of local climbers doing it for them. Definately worth going there if you are in the area or live locally or if the rain has ruined a Clwyd Limestone visit.
The staff are very friendly as well. Ive just discovered Shropshire Climbing Centre which is an awesome dedicated buldering wall. If you live around Llan or Wrexham that means we have quite a choice of climbing walls with less than an hours drive
 Tom Hutton 20 Oct 2009
In reply to permanenttrauma:
> (In reply to Tom Hutton) Suppose it's best you go along for a look yourself. Out of interest where do you live?

I live near Aberystwyth so Llangollen's about 1hr 30mn to 2hr away - hence the question! I use Aber bouldering wall weekly but often travel to Wrexham for something a bit bigger/better. Llangollen would cut 30mns travelling if it was as good?
 Joss 20 Oct 2009
The quality of routes are as good, but the walls are shorter and the place smaller, dont be put off though, nice little wall and plenty to do of an evening..
 Tom Hutton 24 Oct 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
All I needed to know, thanks. Will get there asap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...