UKC

NEWS: Two F8a's for Debbie Corbett

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Oct 2009
[Debbie Corbett, 2 kb]Debbie Corbett has climbed two F8a's at Rubicon in the Peak District.
On the 31st of August Debbie Corbett realised a lifetime ambition by redpointing a F8a route. She climbed Hot Fun Closing at Rubicon. The short, fingery route climbs the boulder problem Kudos to a shattered flake then tackles a...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=49640
 SGD 12 Oct 2009
In reply to UKC News: Well done Deb's!!! I knew about the 1st one but many congrats on the 2nd....
 Brian Rodgers 12 Oct 2009
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant effort Debs.
In reply to BrianR: Nice one Debs.

UKC - can you stop using F8a as this generally is used to denote Font 8a. 8a means 8a
 The sharp end 12 Oct 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody ace and you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Jack Geldard 12 Oct 2009
In reply to Graeme Alderson: Hi Graeme,

Our house style is to use the UK grade without a prefix - E7 6c.

For French grades we use - F6c.

And for Font grades we use - Font 6C, although I keep accidentally lapsing in to V grades, as well, they seem easier to understand to me.

The reason for not just using French grades without a prefix is to try and avoid confusion between the UK technical grade and a French grade. Someone as experienced as yourself can tell which is which just from the context of a report, but many people can't.

This I think has been working quite well for us and we have been doing it for several years.

So suck it up!

Jack

And congrats to Debbie - good effort!
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Is there something that I can click in My Profile Settings that allows grades to be shown in the way I want them to be shown

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...