UKC

Prescription sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James Jackson 14 Oct 2009
As I'm getting older, and beginning to fall apart, I now require glasses (short sightedness). Can anyone recommend a place to get decent cat. 4 prescription glasses for alpine / skiing. I generally like the wrap-around style as opposed to victorian-esque huge thingies. Any suggestions welcome!
Spray 14 Oct 2009
In reply to James Jackson:

addidas
 NorthernRock 14 Oct 2009

I used to wear glasses, and had this problem. Laser solved it, at least until I get older, and then like everyone else I have the same chance of needing to wear glasses again.

Oakley do prescription. I had a pair for 5 years, and despite being slightly off prescription at the end of that time, they were vastly superior to anything from specsxxxxx.
They do cost a lot, upwards of £250, but worth it, as long as you look after your glasses.

Rudy Project also do good glasses, with prescription inserts, rather than prescription lenses.
 Solaris 14 Oct 2009
I bought Cat 4 goggles for my wife this summer and she seemed pretty pleased. Much cheaper than prescription glasses she's had made in the past. But if your prescription isn't changing too often and you can afford it, perhaps bespoke glasses would be better.
 ash2020 15 Oct 2009

Contact lenses?

They've turned out to be much less gruesome and less of a pain in the arse than I thought.

FYI, I use daily disposables
In reply to James Jackson: Contacts and whatever sunglasses you like! £22 for 30 pairs from Specsavers, bargain!Also if it rains (on the off chance!!) you can still see, better than squinting through smeared sunnies!
 iain_cbr 15 Oct 2009
My mrs gets her contact lenses form tesco, and swears that they're much cheaper than the opticians. Exactly the same lenses, just less cash. sounds like a plan to me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...