UKC

First Trad Route - Finally Done. Woo!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ok this might not be much to most of you seasoned climbers but I finally climbed my first trad route ever early this morning, an onsight lead of Rocking Stone Ridge at Back Forest (VDiff).

I know it's only a short route which most solo but it wasn't the technical aspect that was worrying me about my first trad route, it was my head and how I'd cope with placing good gear and then setting up the belay for my second once at the top -- being mostly a boulderer for the last six months or so.

It was really enjoyable though, even if it was mega windy!!! An immense amount of fun!
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz): Well done Pezz. My first trad lead was hugely satisfying. Here's to many more in the future
 rh5980 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz): Congratulations
 csw 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz):

good for you m8 -congrats
 Fredt 25 Oct 2009
In reply to csw:

Well done, may you never go back to the Dark Side.
> Ok this might not be much to most of you seasoned climbers but I finally climbed my first trad route ever early this morning, an onsight lead of Rocking Stone Ridge at Back Forest (VDiff).
>
> I know it's only a short route which most solo but it wasn't the technical aspect that was worrying me about my first trad route, it was my head and how I'd cope with placing good gear and then setting up the belay for my second once at the top -- being mostly a boulderer for the last six months or so.
>
> It was really enjoyable though, even if it was mega windy!!! An immense amount of fun!

Did you just do the one route, or have you sent this msg from the crag? Surely you're spending the day there - there are some really good routes at Back Forest, with very good, unworn rock.

redsulike 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz): Congratulations on leaving the dark side and seeing the light. Praise be!
 gcandlin 25 Oct 2009
congrats, I remember my first lead (HVD), bloody terified!!

Camdaz 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz):well done steve, onwards and upwards now mate, just dont let people on here put you down there are a few that try to break the spirit. isnt it a dream to put it all together...

Thanks all, much appreciated!!!

Yes Gordon just the one today as we had other pressing plans and only just had time to get a climb in at all. Eyed up plenty of other routes for next time though!
Camdaz 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Steve Perry (Pezz):Forgot to add last post mate, belting tattoos dude, looking solid on that prob mate,I am also involved in the martial arts, i do somtimes find my karma tested on here tho stay safe steve. regards the warrior.
In reply to wilton warrior:

Cheers matey!
 teflonpete 25 Oct 2009
Well done Steve, feels good doesn't it?
Stick with it and stay safe. :0)
 Matt Maynard 25 Oct 2009
In reply to teflonpete: Good job dude. If you aspire to climb some harder stuff keep crushing the v diffs I say, loads of them, steep ones slabby ones, some less well protected, and then jumping on a HS will feel like an interesting, exciting and ulitmately successful experiemnt rather than an irksome task! Well done and keep crushing.
 JoshOvki 25 Oct 2009

Nicely done. Welcome to the first day of being a proper climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...