UKC

Berghaus Extrem Light

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 25 Oct 2009
I used to love the berghaus extrem light stuff. How come they stopped the range it was brill.

I'm after a new paclite smock and some super lightweight trekking pants if anyone has any ideas!
That's the best I've seen so far for the smock;
http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?Mens/Jackets-Vests/Alpha-SL-Pullover

It's a bit heavier than I was planning so I'll take any other suggestions people have. (It doesn't have to be paclite by the way)
 jon 25 Oct 2009
In reply to Richard Carter:

I agree 100% with your first post, I'm a fan too. Why produce something so good then abandon it? Sorry can't help with the second.
 Sarah R 25 Oct 2009

If I were you I'd try and find an alternative to Paclite - it's awesomely light, i'll give you that but the breathability isn't amazing due to the backing of the membrane. Goretex pro shell and eVent make garments that are really lightweight so maybe check them out.

Mountain equipment morpheous or mountain equipment pro-lite
Rab Super dru
Montane Venture or halo stretch

They're all really lightweight

Hope that's maybe a useful suggestion for you
lostintranslation 25 Oct 2009

sack that arc'tryx off mate, the hood is sh*te. a poor imitation of the old berghaus stuff, and not as good. water resistant zips degrade quickly and there's nowt backing them up eg double covers and rain gutters laid behind, like on other jackets. €300 for that is a joke in my opinion.

yeah it is a shame that the extrem paclite jacket's have stopped - might be coming back though.

paclite breathability is amazing as long as you keep the water beading up nicely - one of the misconceptions about paclite.

Wash and re-impregnate often.

sorry i haven't made any other suggestions apart from suggesting you don't fork out for the arc'teryx.

lost
All good suggestions, but I much prefer smocks to jackets
(I guess I just like being awkward!)
 Guy Hurst 26 Oct 2009
In reply to Richard Carter: Haglofs do a Paclite smock that's got some good reviews and is not quite as expensive as the Arc one -- but still not cheap.
And Berghaus still do their Paclite overtrousers, I think. Really good, as long as you don't expect them to take a lot of punishment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...