UKC

dSLR Holster - Ama Dablam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 radson 28 Oct 2009
Hi Guys. I'm off to Ama Dablam again next week and will be trialing a dSLR holster system.

http://cottoncarrier.com/

Previously I used an Aarn pack with front pockets to hold my D300 and lens, so should be interesting to see how this system works out in comparison.

I am not quite sure how I am going to rig up for abeil/rappel with this on, now how it will work crouching over and/or with down jacket suit.

If you have any questions let me know. Full discloure - Cotton Carrier has provided me with a complimentary unit.

Dispatches next week from:
http://www.fieldtouring.com/?page_id=710
 orge 31 Oct 2009
In reply to radson:

Looks like an interesting product, I've got loads of questions!

Are you going to be mounting the camera in front or to the side (or a bit of both, depending on activity)?
What angle have you set the releases to?
The videos show the belt with fairly heavy lenses, does it feel like there is a greater chance of accidental release with lighter equipment?
Are you using it with any sort of camera protection (e.g. camera armor)?
I presume you are going to be using a standard sit harness - although maybe this would work well with a chest harness and the second holster on a waist belt?

Hope you get some great shots and great conditions!
Thanks,

J
OP radson 31 Oct 2009
Ogre great questions.

...but my wife broke her foot yesterday and the trip has been cancelled. I am quite devastated.
 stevev 31 Oct 2009
>>>I am quite devastated.

about the trip or the broken foot
OP radson 02 Nov 2009
In reply to stevev:

Male, mid 30's engineer, climbaholic. I am sure you can guess.
 orge 02 Nov 2009
In reply to radson:

Sorry to hear about your trip and your wife; best wishes for her recovery.
Thanks for the heads-up on the kit.

J
 Howard J 02 Nov 2009
In reply to radson: Sorry to hear about your trip, what a bummer.

My concern about the Cotton Carrier is that judging from the video it seems to rely on gravity to keep the camera attached to the harness. What happens if you were to fall? Or does it actually lock on?

It also looks a bit cumbersome to me. I usually find that at some point I need to shift my camera out of the way - if it's clipped to your chest how could you do this?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...