UKC

NEWS: Keith Sharples Calendar Winner and Cover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Nov 2009
[Ally320, 4 kb]In July we ran a competition to find a climber to feature on the UKClimbing.com sponsored page in climbing:10 Keith Sharples' annual calendar. See the winner and just who is on the front cover?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=50366
 Bulls Crack 18 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Good photo, good route..well done
Aiden Wright 19 Nov 2009
In reply to Bulls Crack: It is a decent photo and the route looks great. It would have been great to win this...I missed the deadline (boohoo). I was looking forward to seeing this calendar as I bought one last year, but having seen a copy of this one, I am surprised by the poor standard of the pictures. There is one that is mainly trees, there is another that is an out of focus shot of a boulder with a climber is the background, and there is a terrible on in france or spain of someone high one a crag and they are almost not there. One climber features twice and the Neil Gresham shot , which could have been the best one, is ruined by the top ropes hacking back and forth across it. Dont bother is my opinion, I am afraid.
cragcog 24 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News: Really enjoyed the calendar, another year another great set of photos... not sure about the negative remarks ... photo of a top rope crag where you can see the top rope! Great! I am just glad Keith did not get it photoshopped out ... I like the eclectic mix and I guess it must be really hard to please everyone, I think the images this year are great and as for out of focus ... I think that is artistic amera work that draws your eye into the image to focus on the climber ... nice job Keith keep up the top effort

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...