UKC

NEWS: First ascent of Ren Zhong Feng

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Dec 2009
[The first ascent of Ren  Zhong Feng, 2 kb]Danish climbers Kristoffer Szilas and Martin Ploug have made the first ascent of Ren Zhong Feng in Sichuan, China.

"On the way down from the summit Martin slipped while trying to place an ice screw and fell 30 metres down the 1000 metre west face, but luckily I managed to do a classic ridge jump onto the east face just in time and thus saved both our lives...."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=50793

thommi 09 Dec 2009
In reply to UKC News: 634 views and no comments!? Amazing achievement chaps, looks incredible and inspirational.
In reply to UKC News:

looks nice. Nice work.
lostintranslation 09 Dec 2009
In reply to thommi:

such awesome news - not to take anything away from the other news on UKC, (Extreme repeats, hard bouldering problem repeated etc) as I enjoy it all - but this kind of thing inspires the romantic and exploratory climber in me so much more.

A first ascent of a remote mountain in 2009 - what a feeling that must be.

Well done lads, and nice reporting UKC.

Lost
 Only a hill 09 Dec 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Another nail in the coffin for the tiresome view that exploration and adventure is dead in climbing.

A fantastic achievement!
 Jack Geldard 09 Dec 2009
In reply to lostintranslation: Thanks Lost, that has made my day, and congratulations to Kristoffer Szilas and Martin Ploug - that looks like an amazing trip.

I think it's great that there is an audience for a wide range of climbing news and it certainly keeps me motivated.

Some more adventure mountain news coming this week.

Jack

kristoffer 09 Dec 2009
I've put a small slide show on Youtube with photos from the ascent of Ren Zhong Feng. If adventurous climbing is your thing then western Sichuan and eastern Tibet is definitely the place you should go. Have a look at Tom Nakamura's photos and make your pick..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Uplfl1fSc
In reply to kristoffer: Nice slide show. A lot of the pictures on there make it look even better than in the ukc write up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...