UKC

Quicktime to WMV

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ridge 13 Dec 2009
Just a quickie. Any software recommendations (preferably free..) for something to covert Quicktime (MOV) files to something a bit more useable (WMV)?
Ta.
 digby 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Ridge:

Try ' MPEG Streamclip '. Its free.
ddmack 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Ridge:

You might try the free (as in speach) avidemux. Pretty sure it decodes mov and encodes wmv,avi,mpeg-2 etc.

mack 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Ridge:

I use YouTube downloader. It's free.
 Andy Hudson 13 Dec 2009
OP Ridge 14 Dec 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Ta Andy. Thanks to everyone else for the replies, I shall test each and every one!
 monkey_moves 14 Dec 2009
In reply to Ridge: depends what you mean by more useable really? wmv is fine but the mov should be thought of similarily to AVI, that is they are both just wrappers that contain a file encoded with a particular codec -

wmv is different and is the windows media video format which is encoded with wmv9 codec usually - therefore depends when you say u want the files to be usuable , useable for wat? mov can be a variety of codecs (h264, sorenson, prores, dv etc etc as can AVI. if your just struggling to play a particular file you can get plugins for QT which play most things! (mac or pc makes a difference here! ) VLC is a great media player which opens everything pretty much!

mpeg streamclip as others state is good, but if you give me some more detail about what clip is, what you want to do with it etc, and what editing facilities you have, might be able to give ya some more advice!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...