UKC

NEWS: The Island (8C) Repeated in Fontainebleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Jan 2010
[Dave Graham on The Island, his V15 problem at Fontainebleau, France., 2 kb]Vincent Pochon has repeated The Island, (Font 8C) in Fontainebleau.
The problem was first climbed by Dave Graham.
Pochon started lower than Graham, adding two extra moves. He also suggested a sit-start is possible and would add a Font 8B on to the base of this problem increasing the overall...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51102
 benj_d 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Font 8c+8b= ?!?!?!!
 James Oswald 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Awesome Effort!
Such a beautiful line.
Well done to him.
James
How many ascents is that now?

Also are there any harder short problems in Font?
James
The_JT 04 Jan 2010
In reply to benj_d:

I hope it gets done - it's great to see standards being pushed.
 gabriel_m 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:
> He also suggested a sit-start is possible and would add a Font 8B on to the base of this problem increasing the overall...

Where did he suggest that grade or the existence of it as a project? Isn't that just speculation from someone who wasn't even there?

benj_d 04 Jan 2010
In reply to gabriel_m:

Read the article again, its a speculation from someone who repeated the island.
 Rob15 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: Amazing looking problems, just looks so hard!!
 gabriel_m 04 Jan 2010
In reply to benj_d:
UKC Article:
Pochon...also suggested a sit-start is possible and would add a Font 8B on to the base of this problem increasing the overall difficulty by a huge amount.

In the interview Pochon only says that 'anything is possible' in relation to the sit start. The only source I've found for the grade is on Bjorn Pohl's blog, but he doesn't cite his source.

It just seems to me that if you're going to base a news article on someone else's interview, at least quote soundbites which are in it. There's plenty of interesting comments in there and the odd important detail, like the name of the extension The Big Island.
Bjxrn 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: The source who gave me the ~8B grade for the sit down is Dave Graham. Sorry for not mentioning this in the original news...
/Björn
 tommyzero 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: I saw Dave Graham on this problem in a clip on you tube and was completely blown away by it. Good effort on the second ascent and it's unthinkable that there has been extra moves to it and also the possibility of a sit start. Cool news!!!
 butterworthtom 05 Jan 2010
In reply to james oswald:
Dave Graham
Nalle
and
the other chap
In reply to butterworthtom:

Sam Edwards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...