UKC

Has anyone bought something from Pixmania

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 whistler 05 Jan 2010
A lot of bad publicity on the web for this company. What's the deal? Are they really unreliable?
 marie 05 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: I've bought from them and so have members of my family - no problems or bad service to report. Sorry!
 Rodders 05 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:
I've bought memory cards and also a ZEN MP3 player from them in the past.
Cheap, fast and efficient - I've had no problems.
OP whistler 05 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:
Glad to hear that!
 JamesRoddie 05 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

Yeah I bought a Fuji Finepix s5600 camera off them a couple of years back, and it was absolutely fine. Fast delivery too.
 Kimono 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:
And i bought a canon ixus fromthem a few years back with impeccable service
In reply to whistler: Bought a Cannon printer and Dimage camera from them, best prices on the web. They do send you a newsletter far too often though it usually has very good deals. Beware calling customer service Im sure they were French but may be mistaking them for another company I dealt with at the same time. All in all happy.
 BlownAway 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: Personally I wouldn't use them again. I don't like the unavalability of customer services or lack of escalatio .
 walts4 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

Bought a camera 2 years ago no problems encountered, have friends using them on a regular basis, again no problems on delivery or price.
 Dave80 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: I bought a TV from them in their sale last christmas and after a week and a half of wondering when it was going to turn up I got an email to say it was out of stock and they would let me know when it was back in stock. A few weeks later I got an email saying they wouldn't be getting them back in stock due to the model being discontinued. I did get a full refund and a £50 gift voucher for my trouble though and went on to buy a video camera from them with no problems.
 forgery 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: I had problems with them earlier this year. Purchases a PSP, I rang up to make sure it was arriving for the day they stated (was arriving just in time for my holiday) and they said they're out of stock!! So I said cancel that order then and I went to purchase one from HMV. No surprise the next day I received a delivery note saying it was on it's way and it arrived in time! So confused! I asked for a refund which I eventually got (without the delivery charge) but it wasn't a pleasent experience.

They are a french company hence the link, customer services obviously had no problems with English though.

I guess I would possibly touch them again but a)not without hesitation and b)only if I really, really have to!
Arthur.B 06 Jan 2010
In reply to forgery:

They may or may not be based in France, but they are part of the Dixons group.
 67hours 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: Bought a £700+ laptop with them. I also saw all the negative feedback online but just ignored it and am glad I did as they had the product a good couple of hundred cheaper than anywhere else!
troglodyte 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

We bought a Phillips stereo from pixmania.nl for delivery in the netherlands. The confirmation screen told us it was being delivered to some random guy in Budapest - contacting customer service got nowhere, although eventually the stereo did arrive, so it looks like it was just a display issue on the website.

Then it turned out to be faulty. The Phillips service centre who first looked at it knew what part is faulty and it is a simple fix...but the part is from Phillips France. Phillips insisted it go back to the retailer (in France, even though purchased through pixmania.nl)... who say it will take a minimum of 2 months to be returned - it has been more than that now...

Dirt cheap for a reason...
 James_D 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

they are the french version of pcworld/currys/dixons. You can read whatever you like into that...
John1923 06 Jan 2010
Don't

My WiFi card never arrived and I got nowhere talking on the phone. It costs £50 to launch a suit in the small claims court and that is almost the same price as the WiFi card.
 EddInaBox 06 Jan 2010
In reply to John1923:

If you paid using a credit or some debit cards you may be able to claim from your bank.
 Cú Chullain 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

Bought a Canon IXUS from them about 5 years ago. They were the cheapest and had no problems with regards to delivery.
 gabriel_m 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:
My dad has been using them and recommending them for years. There have been the odd interesting problems though. Mostly to do with failing to supply a UK plug, or stuffing a massive EU-UK plug converter into the box.
 Richard Carter 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

I've bought lots from them and from their shop in Madrid

No problems here.
jenka 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:

Never, ever again. Strongly advise that you don't use Pixmania. Their customer service is universally terrible - they'll apologise till the cows come home, and do stuff all about your problem.

So - if you buy something that works, and never have to contact them, I guess they'd be OK. But once you have a problem, they suck.
thebigdon 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler: i have heard that they are cheap because they sell product from outside the eu so none of the warranties are valid etc,

by that i mean they buy cheap in korea and sell here etc
OP whistler 06 Jan 2010
In reply to whistler:
Looks like it's hit or miss... well, too late now, the order is placed, let's hope everything is OK. Thanks for all the info!
Pete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...