UKC

The gig you most wanted to be at

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SFM 23 Jan 2010
If you could have been at any gig, anywhere, which one would it be?

For me it would have been Woodstock.

Iain Downie 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

I can't remember dates... i've had too much whiskey.

Sunny Day Real Estate were due to play in the UK, but they split shortly before the gigs. Wish i had seen them live. Not everyone's cup of tea, but i like(d) them.
 vincentvega 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Joy divison's final gig in Birmingham, where they played their new song, 'Ceremony'.

Allan
Lusk 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Frank Zappa somewhere in London in the mid 80s.
A sad loss. Some of his albums are a bit dodgy but brilliant live.
kluz 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Iranian Embassy 1980.. couldn't remember the year...
Removed User 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Woodstock was a bit of a warzone for most of the 250000 that turned up.

I'd go for Monterey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Pop_Festival Jimi Hendrix, Ottis Redding, Janis Joplin and The Who all on the same bill ....
 teflonpete 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous.
 Rubbishy 23 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Cream at the Philmore when Ginger Baker did his drum solo and passed out
 malky_c 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Loads, but the one on my mind right now is the Smashing Pumpkins at the 1995 Reading Festival. I remember hearing this broadcast on the radio when I was 14 or 15, and thought it was amazing. Just tracked down a bootleg of it now and it is as good as I remember.

I did see them in 2000 and 2008, but while they were good, they were really at their peak in the mid '90's, and I would love to have been there.
Steve Humm 4395 24 Jan 2010
In reply to zzz:

1976 Lesser Free Trade Hall Manchester Sex Pistols

Empress Ballromm Stone Roses......
 ericoides 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Pink Floyd at the 14 Hour Technicolour Dream in 1967 (supported by Yoko Ono and John Lennon, Arthur Brown, Soft Machine, Tomorrow and The Pretty Things) must have been good, or the Games for May gig, or their 1966 UFO gigs for greater intimacy. If one, then the last.
 fried 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

The Smiths, can't remember the specific one but think it would have been in Manchester mid 80's ish.

Jesus and Mary chain, 'infamous' polytechnic of north london gig 87ish.

Kate Bush last time she played live.

and Minor threat anywhere.
 vincentvega 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Also any of the Stones gigs in Rio would be quite amazing!

Allan
 Nick_Scots 24 Jan 2010
Monsters of Rock Donnington 1984

AC/DC
Van Halen
Ozzy Osbourne
Gary Moore
Y&T
Accept
Mötley Crüe
Tommy Vance (DJ)

Most in their prime. I was 13yrs old, my school went but I was not allowed to go by my Mom, but did make the KISS reunion and makeup one at 1996.
 ericoides 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Removed User:

Wasn't it more like 400,000?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock
 jon 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

I know someone who lives in Anchorage, Alaska and has his own Rock show on a local radio station. He's in his mid sixties and music has been his life. At the time of Woodstock he lived in the Eastern part of the States and he and a few friends decided to go. They drove half a day to get there, but then found cars being parked all along the highway several miles out, so they decided there'd be too many people and that the concert wouldn't be up to much anyway so turned around and drove home, missing the biggest most famous gig the world has ever known!!!
In reply to SFM: I wish I'd seen Radiohead at Glasto, also would love to have seen the White Stripes first tour of Britain.
 tombeasley 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Nirvana at Reading in 92/93?
 Snowboy 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

The Wonder Stuff at Phoenix festival 1996, seen the video and it looked both poignant and triumphant.

Underworld at Glastonbury '99. I was there, but it was so perfect I wanna be back there again.
In reply to SFM: Woodstock.

Close second would be the Parallel Realities tour with Pat Metheny, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette & Herbie Hancock.
 mark s 24 Jan 2010
In reply to La Volpe: queen at live aid.got be the best live performance ever
 Blue Straggler 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Not wishing to sound too smug, but I've kind of been at everything I'd want to have been at, if that makes sense.
I'd like to have seen The Sundays at any gig when they were touring the first album, and The Geraldine Fibbers at any time, but the former wasn't too viable, and the latter...well, big of ignorance and stupidity on my part I guess. I've seen so much other great stuff though, that it doesn't matter.

If I had to single out one gig that sounds good, that was so far in the past that I couldn't have realistically attended, it would be Throwing Muses with Pixies supporting, at The Town and Country Club in Kentish Town, 1987. The Pixies set from this is now on the Pixies DVD, but it's Throwing Muses that I'd like to have seen.

Sex Pistols at Manchester Free Trade Hall was musically a bit rubbish, apparently (same goes for the other bands on that bill, that night at least).
 Blue Straggler 24 Jan 2010
Oh and Electrelane in Brighton, November 2003 when they performed This Deed and The Valleys with a choir, the only time they ever did that
 deepstar 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: I used to roadie for a band that backed many of the now big names at the pavillion in Bath ie the Smallfaces,Yardbirds, The Who etc but I did`nt bother to go and see the Beatles in I think 68 as I thougth "they wouldnt ammount to much"...What a plonker!
In reply to Blue Straggler:"Not wishing to sound too smug"

Impossible.
 Paul Atkinson 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: 100 Club Punk Festival sept 76 - Clash, Pistols, Damned, Buzzcocks, Subway Sect and Siouxsie all on one bill
 AWH 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Surely has to be Queen live at wembley 1986!
 Richard Carter 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Any Huey Lewis and the News tour!
johnj 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Marty Mcfly at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance.
 stoo2k 24 Jan 2010
By the end of tonight no doubt it'll be Glassjaw in Manchester when all my mates a telling me how awesome it was But I can't afford it.

So instead I'll just say any Guns 'n Roses gig back in the day... when they were actually good and before Axl disappeared up his own ass! I used to have the UYI Tokyo gig on video, that was awesome!
 Liam M 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Kurt Wagner at the Bristol Louisiana in 2001 (I think). There've been loads of gigs I would have liked to have seen, but that's the only one I'm pissed off at myself for missing, and I can't even remember why I missed it now.

Hopefully at some point I'll get to see either him or Lambchop live - will have to keep an eye out for next time they cross to this side of the pond.
deadahead 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Grateful Dead at Barton Hall, Cornell University May 8, 1977...

...of course, I'd like to be older than the 7 years old I actually was on that date...
greeny 24 Jan 2010
Led Zep at Madison Square Gardens 73
 stewart murray 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Dylan, Manchester Free Trade Hall 1966
 ldavies87 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Any boyzone gig
 Tom Last 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Snowboy:

Yeah Underworld at Glaso was ace right enough.

Nirvana Reading 92 for me, got the bootleg - unbelievably good.
spragg 24 Jan 2010
In reply to greeny:

Is that the one on the 'Song Remains the Same' film? If so count me in!
 Richard Carter 24 Jan 2010
In reply to ldavies87 :

Boyzone?!
 Andy Farnell 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Loolapalooza '92. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, RATM, RHCP and lots more.

Andy F
 Dominion 24 Jan 2010
In reply to johnj:

> Marty Mcfly at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance.

I'm sure you can buy a second-hand DeLorean somewhere...

Dominion 24 Jan 2010
In reply to zzz:

> Loads, but the one on my mind right now is the Smashing Pumpkins at the 1995 Reading Festival. I remember hearing this broadcast on the radio when I was 14 or 15, and thought it was amazing. Just tracked down a bootleg of it now and it is as good as I remember.

Was good, I think this was when they played at about 4.30 in the afternoon, it was brilliantly sunny, I'd had a few beers, and this was a band I really wanted to see. I still think Gish is their best album, but Siamese Dream (2nd best) has just come out, and they were awesome.

||-)
 Chris the Tall 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Steve Humm 4395:
> 1976 Lesser Free Trade Hall Manchester Sex Pistols
>
Good call, but then you'd have spent the next 30 years believing you can make music that people will want to listen to - look how long Mick Hucknell has suffered from that delusion....

Toby S 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Dominion:

They headlined that year. It was a great weekend though, very sunny. I remember Hole performed and Courtney Love was unsurprisingly an utter mess!
 Toby S 24 Jan 2010
In reply to zzz:
> (In reply to SFM) Loads, but the one on my mind right now is the Smashing Pumpkins at the 1995 Reading Festival. I remember hearing this broadcast on the radio when I was 14 or 15, and thought it was amazing. Just tracked down a bootleg of it now and it is as good as I remember.
>
Ooh a bootleg.... could you disclose where you found it?

I think the gig I would have most liked to have been at would have been any Sundays gig or Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena during the recording of Live After Death.

Darron 24 Jan 2010
In reply to ericoides:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
>
> Wasn't it more like 400,000?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock

"..by the time I got to woodstock they were half a million strong....."

Joni Mitchell
wcdave 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: As above..Pink Floyd at the UFO 1966.
 Darron 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

My wife has shut me up bragging about who I've seen. She is not really into gigs but..........Beatles. Adelaide, 1964 - top trumps anything I can shout about.
 iain_cbr 24 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Monty Python live at the hollywood bowl.
Musique 24 Jan 2010
Herbie Hancock. 2007, Arts Centre, Melbourne Jazz Festival.
 graeme jackson 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:
Miles davis in the mid 60's with he quintet featuring Ron Carter, herbie hancock, Wayne Shorter and Tony Williams.
 johns64 25 Jan 2010
In reply to andy farnell:

now that would have been a great festival. Was too young then but I have seen them all except Soundgarden. So can't really complain
 toad 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Pink Floyd, The Wall 1981. My slightly older mate could get tickets, parents wouldn't let me go. I was 15, so I can see their point, but it still rankles.
 Clarence 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Scott_vzr:
> Monsters of Rock Donnington 1984

That was the first Monsters of Rock I went to (I was 15 at the time), it totally rocked!

I think I would have liked to see the Classic YES linup playing something live, around the Close/Topographic era. Steve Hillage and Gong are two acts of which I was completely unaware at the time but really regret not making the effort to see.

If I could go back to a gig I was at it would have to be Hawkwind at the Brixton Academy mid 80s, lab coats and all.
 Rampikino 25 Jan 2010
I was thinking about this the other day.

Strange one, but I would have loved to have been in Carnegie Hall when Buena Vista Social Club played their monumental set. Many of them are now passed leaving only memories.
In reply to SFM: Micheal Jacksons 'this is it' concert in the O2 arena!
 jfw 25 Jan 2010
In reply to morvenf:
> (In reply to SFM)
>
> Surely has to be Queen live at wembley 1986!

My thoughts exactly!!

In reply to Clarence:

> I think I would have liked to see the Classic YES linup playing something live, around the Close/Topographic era.

Second Gig I ever went to was Yes in 1974. That was when I decided I wanted to be a Bass player. Squire always looks like he's having more fun onstage than the rest of the band put together.

(first gig was deep purple in 1972 - I was only 11 but I had a very kind elder brother who wanted to make sure I was getting the right musical education)
 Doug 25 Jan 2010
In reply to graeme jackson: Was about to say any Miles Davis gig in the 60s or 70s
 Clarence 25 Jan 2010
In reply to graeme jackson:
> Squire always looks like he's having more fun onstage than the rest of the band put together.

Well that's not difficult, I don't think I have ever seen Steve Howe smile and Rick Wakeman always looks at death's door. I am envious though, I would have liked to have been there.
 ring ouzel 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Clarence: Seen the classic Yes line up several times but didnt go to the last gig they did as that couldn't even be described as Yes.

Would love to have seen Joe Bonamassa at the Albert Hall last year although if I could go back in time it would be to see the Kate Bush tour and then a bit further back to hear Robert Johnson.
 Flying Monkey 25 Jan 2010
In reply to stoo2k:
>
>
> So instead I'll just say any Guns 'n Roses gig back in the day... when they were actually good and before Axl disappeared up his own ass! I used to have the UYI Tokyo gig on video, that was awesome!

Saw them live at Wembley in '92/93 - it was the UYI tour but they still rocked out the classics - they were phenomenal. They came on stage with It's So Easy and did Welcome to the Jungle amongst other songs from older albums. Also had Brian May on too!
Removed User 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Talking Heads at the Stop Making Sense era.
fxceltic 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: would have liked to have seen Laurel Aitken or Judge Dread before they died.
Removed User 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: tHE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Great Scott 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: U2 at the Point Depot, New Year's Eve 1989/1990.
Tim C 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Portishead at Roseland NYC
 Mike Mead 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Patti Smith, Easter era. I she played Reading one year, but I missed it through laziness.

Also missed SAHB just a few weeks before Alex died, for the same reason.
In reply to ring ouzel:
> didnt go to the last gig they did as that couldn't even be described as Yes.
>

Ditto. I read a remark by wakeman where he said his son oliver was now playing keyboards in the most elaborate yes tribute band ever
fijibaby 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Southern Man:
> (In reply to Snowboy)

> Nirvana Reading 92 for me, got the bootleg - unbelievably good.

I was there on the Friday and Saturday but couldn't afford the ticket for the Sunday when Nirvana played.
So I sat in my tent and listened to the gig I most wish I'd seen.
Mudhoney played beforehand too. Gah!

malky_c 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Toby S: Certainly can. I say bootleg, but it is more of an online archive. That specific gig is at:
http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1995-08-25.flac16

but there are hundreds of gigs on that website. I am informed that the one in Vancouver in Feb 1997 was even better, although I haven't listened to both side by side as yet.
i.munro 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Zeppelin did a small club tour in 1971 & played Nottingham Boat House, which is tiny!!
I've heard Plant mention it in interviews a few times because they couldn't get off stage for four hours as the exit is through the audience.
 toad 25 Jan 2010
In reply to i.munro: The Nottingham Boathouse gigs is another "tardis" gig - I reckon every 50 something yr old in Nottingham went to that gig - if you believe what people tell you
i.munro 25 Jan 2010
In reply to toad:

Well then, I was the one who got left out.
i.munro 25 Jan 2010
In reply to toad:

Hang on, a 51 yr old would have been 12!
 toad 25 Jan 2010
In reply to i.munro: I've met 30 year olds who claimed to be there!

I didn't see Oasis at Rock City 'cos I had a bit of a cold and couldn't be bothered
i.munro 25 Jan 2010
In reply to toad:

I went through a phase of being too 'cool'for support bands & staying in the bar (beer).
As a result I have seen the Smiths but for approximately one bar (music) & a "thankyou & goodnight". Didn't do that again.
 David Riley 25 Jan 2010
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to SFM)
>
> I know someone who lives in Anchorage, Alaska and has his own Rock show on a local radio station. He's in his mid sixties and music has been his life. At the time of Woodstock he lived in the Eastern part of the States and he and a few friends decided to go. They drove half a day to get there, but then found cars being parked all along the highway several miles out, so they decided there'd be too many people and that the concert wouldn't be up to much anyway so turned around and drove home, missing the biggest most famous gig the world has ever known!!!

A similar story.

Of all the people I've met. The person that would have most wanted to be at Woodstock, shared a house with me for many years in Cambridge.
He had gone to America and stayed with a family in a small town.
Having just arrived in a strange country he didn't think much about it when there were warnings to stay in the house because of bad weather and congestion caused by some music event a few miles down the road.
It was Woodstock, and he's been kicking himself ever since.
i.munro 25 Jan 2010
In reply to toad:

> (I've met 30 year olds who claimed to be there!

Oh that's what you meant by a Tardis gig
 Dominion 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Toby S:

> They headlined that year. It was a great weekend though, very sunny. I remember Hole performed and Courtney Love was unsurprisingly an utter mess!

Yep, Hole were an utter mess, but that's what Courtney does. I thought it was a great gig, because she did pretty much what you'd expect her to!

Maybe it was the previous year the Pumpkins played in the afternoon. I've probably got the Programs somewhere still.

When Nirvana first played Reading, they were on at about 3pm, but I'd had 2 weeks worth of food poisoning in the run-up to Reading (get it in early, before you have to face the festical toilets!) and had to go for a sleep, as I was completely knackered after a fortnight of 2 hours sleep a night...

||-)
 Nigel Modern 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: When the kids had killed the man and he had to break up the band...Bowie at the Hammersmith Odeon
 Dominion 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Dominion:

> When Nirvana first played Reading, they were on at about 3pm, but I'd had 2 weeks worth of food poisoning in the run-up to Reading (get it in early, before you have to face the festical toilets!) and had to go for a sleep, as I was completely knackered after a fortnight of 2 hours sleep a night...

So, actually, that was one gig I was at (sort of) but not actually there, and would have liked to have been there. I listened to it in my sleep, though!
 Toby S 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Dominion:

You can get festival line ups from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_and_Leeds_Festivals_line-ups#1995

Looking at that brought back a few memories. Awesome line up too! Saturday was just phenomenal.
 SC 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Nirvana & the Reading festival, 1992 I think. I have seen bits on tv & it looked like an amazing show, Kurt at his best.
 Dominion 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Toby S:

Ah, was 1992 when Pumpkins played early on Saturday, and Nirvana headlined on Sunday...

L7, Beastie Boys, PJ Harvey, Rollins Band, Mega City Four, Public Image Ltd, The Wonder Stuff, Therapy?, Mudhoney, Pavement, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, EMF (!), Public Enemy

They don't make festy lineups like they used to!

||-)
 dobby 200 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SC:

metallica SnM concert would have been incerdible!
TheIrv 25 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Rocket From the Crypt, Last gig on Halloween 2005. the dvd of the show is great, but would love to have been there
 Peetzy 25 Jan 2010
I am mostly into classical but I saw the Scissor Sisters a few years back in London and it was awesome - it totally rocked!!
Yrmenlaf 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Peetzy:

How about when JS turned up at the court of Frederick the Grocer, and improvised a four-part fugue on a theme the King suggested.

youtube.com/watch?v=BKcIKyMYBKs&

Y.
 malky_c 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Toby S: Cool! Thinking about it, the Foo Fighters apparently rocked the New Bands tent that year didn't they? In the days before they were a tedious stadium band.
 Blue Straggler 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Dominion:
> (In reply to Toby S)

> They don't make festy lineups like they used to!

Yes they do
In reply to zzz:
> (In reply to Toby S) Cool! Thinking about it, the Foo Fighters apparently rocked the New Bands tent that year didn't they? In the days before they were a tedious stadium band.

I heard that on the radio. It sounded a nightmare - I believe Grohl had asked to be put in the new bands tent so as not to look presumptious on a big stage, but of course the place was RAMMED by people not so much interested in Foo Fighters but just trying to get a bit of a link to Nirvana, people were shimmying up the tent poles and there were numerous delays as the band stopped to ask them to get down (very gallant of the band actually, to help out the beleaguered security). I can see where Grohl was coming from but someone should have seen it coming, really. It was the same situation when Portishead wanted to play in a tent rather than on a big stage at Glastonbury, and I WAS there, and it was a disaster.
episodit 26 Jan 2010
In reply to stewart murray:
> (In reply to SFM) Dylan, Manchester Free Trade Hall 1966

Could have sworn it was one of my mates who screamed out 'Judas!', apparently like several others, lol, remember there was a radio programme about the real (apparent) culprit but that was disputed by an equally credible other. Either way, I and many others did feel a bit betrayed by the electric stuff but I think Dylan found it all rather amusing, barbarians these British!
vinte 26 Jan 2010
In reply to La Volpe: u2 seemed quite good at live aid to.
 gribble 26 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Many moons ago I was living in Holland, and Rainbow were playing supported by ACDC (then fairly unknown). All my mates were going, but my mum wouldn't let me. All the talk on the school bus the next day was how stunningly excellent the gig was, and sadly I still haven't let my mum off the hook for that one!
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to Dominion)
> [...]
>
> [...]
>
>
> Yes they do

Not at Reading though
 malky_c 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: Interesting. I can see how to some people that would sound like the best gig ever (maybe even me at 16/17), but was probably a nightmare.

Still, they were much heavier and more interesting back then. I have some recordings of other gigs thed did at the time and they sound amazing. Not that I don't like some of their later material, but they have definitely developed the musical equivalent of a middle aged spread...
 flaneur 26 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

I have been to several mentioned above </smug>.

Gigs I would have liked to have been at:

- Fela Kuti at The Shrine in Lagos some time in the 70s.

- The One Love peace concert in Kingston, Jamaica 1978.

- Miles Davis' Dark Magus concert NY 1974.

I guess I'm a child of the 70s. Most of the bands of the 80s, 90s and 00s I like I managed to see at least once in their prime.

In reply to zzz:

The band sounded just fine, no problems there. But it would have been very hard work simply standing your ground in the crowd. People have been crushed to death at concerts, and this could have gone that way, maybe (I can't say too much having only heard it on the radio)
 Jones 26 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:
I missed the last tour of the queens of the stone age and was gutted, but did manage to see Them Crooked Vultures at the Hammersmith Apolo dec 17 last year, and they were brilliant.
 lummox 26 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM: Jimi Hendrix in Ilkley 1967 or Bob Marley in London 1977
episodit 26 Jan 2010
In reply to SFM:

Judging by the responses the person who invents the time-travelling gizmo will be making a fortune arranging gig trips! I'd like to have seen Blowzabella live and Hendrix but I did manage to see many of the classic groups from the late 60s/early 70s including many jazz legends so I don't feel too bad ... nice!
 Dominion 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> I heard that on the radio. It sounded a nightmare - I believe Grohl had asked to be put in the new bands tent so as not to look presumptious on a big stage, but of course the place was RAMMED by people not so much interested in Foo Fighters but just trying to get a bit of a link to Nirvana, people were shimmying up the tent poles and there were numerous delays as the band stopped to ask them to get down (very gallant of the band actually, to help out the beleaguered security). I can see where Grohl was coming from but someone should have seen it coming, really.

I was there - and although pretty much like you describe it, it was hugely atmospheric, very intense, and pretty much the highlight of the festy that year. Echobelly were on in the same tent immediately prior to FF - which was a good gig, liked them - but even at that point it was clear that people were getting there early to try and fit in the tent for the FF main event.

It wasn't just packed in the tent, but crowded outside 20 or 30 people deep. I managed to get to the edge of the tent, maybe on the cusp of being inside, and it was absolutely sweltering. A hot, sticky, Saturday evening, and the tent was dripping from the sweat of the bodies inside it. You know what it's like when you come of a gig, even in summer, and there is steam rising from your body as you move out into the slightly colder air outside? Like that.

Somewhere on the internet is my review of the gig which was probably posted on alt.fan.foofighters on the Monday following the festival. (which is probably pretty poor, and rushed, but I wanted it to be first on the newsgroup.)

Anyway, I think the NME did a list of essential gigs on the 90s, and this gig was well up the list. Possibly partly 'cos of the anticipation, but I'm glad I was there.

||-)
 Andy Farnell 28 Jan 2010
In reply to morvenf:
> (In reply to SFM)
>
> Surely has to be Queen live at wembley 1986!

I saw them at Maine Road the year after. Stunning.

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...