UKC

Southcoast rock trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Maynard 24 Jan 2010
Have a half term in three weeks time. Think of checking out sharpnose for the first time and sennen and chair ladder and bosigran maybe further west. Do you think it will be a reasonable temperature?

Where should I camp/lodge?

Thanks guys,

Matt
OP Matt Maynard 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Matt Maynard: bump!

Come on - is it worth getting psyched for, or should I trundel off to europe like everyone else?!
 Tom Last 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Matt Maynard:
> (In reply to Matt Maynard) bump!
>
> Come on - is it worth getting psyched for,

Yes, it'll be the nuts - forget Europe.

Weather could go either way, but keep on your toes and you'll get plenty done.

Sharpnose isn't on the South Coast by the way, but since you're visiting the Culm also check out Cornakey, Blackchurch etc.

Also, don't just get hung up on Sennen and the rest when you get down west, there are many other massive crags that see very little traffic but are just brilliant, Land's End anybody?

South coast of Penwith will generally be much warmer and better conditions this time of the year.

Ger yourelf down there boy!
In reply to Southern Man: If your comin down here. For a change, check out Cheesewring Quarry, Dewerstone, Roche Rock, And several other tors..

Worth visiting the inland crags.

My addvice would be to go abroad, since we are getting another cold spll right now. It would be better to come here in summer when its to hot to climb in europe.

But you'll still enjoy it if u come down!

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...