UKC

NEW REVIEW: Adidas Terrex Pro Sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Feb 2010
[Es Tresidder using the new Adidas Terrex Pro sunglasses on the Patagonia Ice Cap, 2 kb]Es Tresidder takes the Adidas Terrex Pro sunglass to Patagonia:These are modular sunglasses, offering easily interchangeable lenses (a dark lens that can be chosen to be category 3 or 4, and a yellow lens for improving vision in fog and diffuse light conditions), a secondary lens that turns the glasses into close-fitting goggles (substantially reducing fogging problems and offering some weather protection), plastic arms that look cool enough for around town, an elastic strap in place of the arms that is comfortable to wear all day and finally a nose protection piece that was not tested by this tester owing to larger than average nasal dimensions...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2279
5cifi - BAD SELLER 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: Certainly wouldn't want to scratch them at that price !
 Michael Ryan 02 Feb 2010
In reply to 5cifi:

They are hard to scratch (although you do have to look after them) and you can buy replacement lenses. They are modular and fairly indestructible.
 jazzyjackson 07 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

good kit im sure but just another example of the outdoor industry taking the piss because they can.
Do they enable you to see through a whiteout? No.
Do they have Xray properties, no.
Do they make you look like a knob, yes.
plastic glasses £240 !
bof

sorry for scathing crit, just dropped my last biscuit in my tea
 bouldery bits 07 Feb 2010
In reply to jazzyjackson:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
>
> plastic glasses £240 !
>
>
>

Not being blinded by a glacier - priceless. : )
 jazzyjackson 07 Feb 2010
In reply to bouldery bits:
> (In reply to jazzyjackson)
> [...]
>
> Not being blinded by a glacier - priceless. : )

falling in a crevasse with £240 shades - what a waste ; )
 Michael Ryan 07 Feb 2010
In reply to jazzyjackson:

A decent pair of of goggles that are cat 4 (high u/v protection), that don't fog up, have a lightening effect in low light and add in prescription RX versions will set you back £100+ or so.

They are essential for winter and alpine climbing, and can mean the difference between life and death in some cases when navigating in snow storms.

Most instructors/guides will recommend also that you have a back up pair.

Yes they are expensive...
 Tom Last 07 Feb 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Got to agree with Jazzy Jackson. I can't see how spending £100 on glassses is essential for alpine/winter climbing - I've never spent more than a tenner and seem to have survived, not that I'm an expert in the matter.
£200+ is just ridiculous.
 Michael Ryan 07 Feb 2010
In reply to Southern Man:

It's quite simple. Like you, you don't have to pay that amount. It's up to you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...