UKC

cleaning a Rucsac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonoh 02 Feb 2010
Just gone into my cupboard of death and there was a rare old pen and ink. Closer investigation found a leaking flask that had been in the bottom of my Berghaus rucsac. Can i pop it in the washing machine on a delicate wash as at present its in the bath stinking the flat out and the mrs is not hp !
 thin bob 02 Feb 2010
In reply to jonoh: might flake off the waterproof coating. Turned mine inside out & scrubbed it gently with shampoo. Soap might be better. Soaked it overnight in a bicarb solution beforehand.
OP jonoh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to thin bob: Ta will try that. jonoh
 FrJ 03 Feb 2010
In reply to jonoh:

I had one that was a bit stinky that I machine washed with techwash a couple of times: came out OK, but if wet and warm (ie most of the time when walking) the straps would still honk pretty badly.

In a "do or die" attempt to fix it I soaked it in a bucket of dettol for a few hours before washing it again. That did the trick!

It's not waterproof (but I use a liner/drybag inside anyway), but it still manages to carry a full load.
 Denzil 03 Feb 2010
In reply to FrJ: I had a 1litre bottle of techwash in my sac which split....after hosing the sac down on the drive for about 20 minutes I managed to rinse it all out. Cleaned it beautifully
Denzil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...