UKC

Steve Bancroft - does he still climb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BlownAway 04 Feb 2010
The short discussion the other week about practicing Narcissus reminded me of the last time I saw Bancroft, many years ago, at some party or other.

Haven't seen him around for years. Is he still around and still climbing?

Phil
 John2 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly: Met him at Mother Carey's Kitchen 3 or 4 years ago. Still seconding E3 pretty easily.
 Mick Ward 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly:

Hi Phil, bumped into him at Hobby Moor about 15 years ago (my God, that feels recent!) John2, of this parish, saw him at Mother Carey's a couple of years ago. Would be great to see him again.

Mick
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly:

Often saw him busking outside Cole Bros in Sheffield, but last time was probably five years ago.
 Tyler 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly:

I'm pretty sure I saw him at the end of last year at Rubicon, he wasn't climbing but was watching me flail. He had a cricket jumper on which clinched it for me as I'm sure I saw a picture of him with one on.
Simon Panton 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly: I saw him climbing on Stennis Head last summer - popped out of the top of Cool for Cats with a big smile on his face!
 Mick Ward 04 Feb 2010
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to phil kelly)
>
> ... but was watching me flail. He had a cricket jumper on which clinched it for me...

Sounds like Steve. (And, even if he couldn't do it, he probably worked out the winning sequence.)

Mick

Jim Crow 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly:

Dunno about climbing, but saw him at Keith Ashton's birthday last summer where he was dancing like a lunatic with the best of them!
 Archangel 04 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly: There was a card stuck on a cork board next to the phone in a house I moved in to in Banner Cross, advertising his services as a painter and decorator. I remember being extremely impressed although that was in 1993.
 Ropeboy 15 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly:

I sometimes see him the pub, yeah, he's climbing again. Whenever I'd do one of his routes I'd quizz him about it and the origin of the name along with some of the ones he did with John.

J
 GeoffRadcliffe 16 Feb 2010
In reply to phil kelly: He has never stopped climbing, he just climbs easier stuff. As for decorating, he painted my house years ago but he doesn't really like doing it. At the moment he teaches.
 David Peters 16 Feb 2010
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe: Hey Geoff, speaking of stopping climbing, I haven't seen you on the crags for a few years. Have you given it all up for a life of Salsa ?
 GeoffRadcliffe 17 Feb 2010
In reply to David Peters: I climb indoors a fair bit but I have been known to brave the elements and venture out occasionally. Off to climb in Turkey soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...