UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VIDEO: Bouldering Double Bill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Feb 2010
[Nalle Hukkataival bouldering in Rocklands, South Africa, 3 kb]To celebrate the launch of our new Bouldering Forum, we are having a Bouldering double bill tonight.

The first film is from Adam Lincoln who has a UKC id number of 20! (that means he has been around right since the beginning). It covers his recent trip to Font...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51656
 henbot 05 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: Of particular enjoyment to me was the male on male dry humping in the Font video Thank you UKC!
 Diggler 05 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Feel quite inspired....must try harder...must try harder...must try harder
 Dan_Carroll 05 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Is it just me or does Sky look like the most do-able 8b+ ever? Or is that just because he makes everything look so easy..

Really good 27 min video of Nalle bouldering in Switzerland and Austria if anyone is interested: vimeo.com/8382230
 Adam Lincoln 05 Feb 2010
In reply to Dan_Carroll:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Is it just me or does Sky look like the most do-able 8b+ ever? Or is that just because he makes everything look so easy..

Check out the extras on Progression for a more realistic idea of the difficulty.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 05 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: quality, particularly liked "behind the bushes production"
 James Oswald 06 Feb 2010
In reply to Dan_Carroll:
The first move looks not too difficult and then you see that the edge he has infact dynoed for is tiny!!
James
In reply to UKC News: I have to say nothing could inspire me LESS to visit Font after seeing the Lincoln video. Not worth showing in my view. Static camera positions, often from poor viewpoints, distracting background and foreground clutter, too many spotters taking up too much space, no commentary, dreary repetitive electro muzak, no storyline etc, it's just a self seeking photo promo done with no style or design. There are many better ways to clutter up the forums and news sections. Sorry.
 Rich D 06 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: I thought it was pretty decent. Not the best filmed maybe, but adam said he'd do it differntly if he were to do it again. Thought it showed some good problems being crushed and the forrest always looks good. For a freebie, nice one.
 IanF 06 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: Anyone know who the artist playing at the end of the S.Africa video is?
 whispering nic 06 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:
The font stuff becomes offensive as well as rubbish. Negative vote from me.
Ackbar 07 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: The font one seemed a bit hazy. Possibly just not suitable weather to film without a good video camera but maybe because to many shots were directly facing the sun. There are some good comments on the "what makes a good bouldering video" thread. The key suggestions seem to be

1) Commentary
2) Storyline
3) Close up as well as wide shots
4) Short edits

good luck with the next vid
 SARS 07 Feb 2010
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:
> (In reply to UKC News) I have to say nothing could inspire me LESS to visit Font after seeing the Lincoln video. Not worth showing in my view. Static camera positions, often from poor viewpoints, distracting background and foreground clutter, too many spotters taking up too much space, no commentary, dreary repetitive electro muzak, no storyline etc, it's just a self seeking photo promo done with no style or design. There are many better ways to clutter up the forums and news sections. Sorry.

A bit harsh. It's an amateur video and promoted as such, nothing more. Showed some strong climbing, nice scenery and had some decent music at times. Some of the humor wasn't really to my taste but otherwise not a bad effort.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...