UKC

Zero G ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dopey_172 10 Feb 2010
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 50m half rope and the Zero G ropes seem to be a fairly good price. Has anyone used them and what do they think of it? How does it compare to more expensive ropes like Beal and Mammut?

Cheers
Dom
 Monk 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Dopey_172:

I have used them extensively and I like them. They handle well. Personally, I would happily buy a pair if I was on the look out for new ropes.
ypy 10 Feb 2010
I have had mixed experiences with them. They handle well but the single ropes I have come across dont seem to last very long compared with other brands
OP Dopey_172 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Dopey_172: Thanks for the replies, I am really just looking at the half ropes and I dont get out as much as I would like so trying to keep costs down.
In reply to Dopey_172: I recently bought a pair of the dry treated 50s. Cracking value.
I don't suppose they are the best out there, but for what I wanted (pretty similar in grade and amount to you judging by your profile) they are fine.
One of the reasons I went for them is they seem to have a pretty low impact force which for someone as 'well built' as me is a bonus (as I understand it). The down side is that they are rated for less falls than many of the top brands, but then I haven't had a lead fall yet and don't intend to be on a regular basis anyway!
OP Dopey_172 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Porridge the climber: Thanks for that, they sound like they will do the job and a pair is probably the way to go as they are excellent value as you say. Thanks very much again for the help everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...