UKC

Hard wearing Kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Maynard 19 Feb 2010
So I have been spending the day so far sending back a rope for the second time, which has frayed at both ends extremely quickly after very few uses and which is totally unacceptable.

Also sending back a harness for the second time as well which after eight months has completely worn through the protective coloured sheath as it rubs against the belay loop.

Not posting to moan but just enquire what equipment people have been particularly pleased with (that is still in production) that they can recommend for good life expectancy.

After a 60m metre single rope, a good trad harness and maybe some new half ropes.

Thanks UKC posters,
Matt
In reply to Matt Maynard: black diamond blizzard harness, although its not got enough gear loops (i bought a dmm renegade for trad trips) is bomber.
Grumble 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Matt Maynard:
wild country have brought out a Tie In Point Protector to solve the harness problem.
http://www.wildcountry.co.uk/Products/NewEliteSeriesHarnesses/TIPP/
 TobyA 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Matt Maynard: I've been using my DMM Renegade for everything for a year and a half. I climb basically every week for a day; its done two summers of trad and sport climbing and one winter of ice climbing.

It's a bit grubby now, but otherwise as good as when it was new, and that's jolly good.

I've been using Beal Edlinger ropes for the last few years - cheap, fat, strong and hard wearing I've found.
 uncontrollable 19 Feb 2010

DMM Rengade harness

and Mammut ropes.
In reply to uncontrollable: mammut ropes are harder wareing than anything else. they handle like shite but thats not the point!
 ChrisHolloway1 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Matt Maynard: Black Diamond Blizzard, Mountain Equipment Kongur MRT, my original Millet XCR hardshell, my Scarpa Mantas and my Osprey Talon 33
 don macb 19 Feb 2010

new BD blizzard i expect will last for ages, lowe alpine multipitch soft shell still going strong after years of abuse, TN discovery light bivy too... also: the montane kit seems much more durable than it at first appears. now packing an extreme smock (3 yrs old and no sign of wear or tear), a prism, terra light and particularly the terra thermics, plus the fly. all have exceeded expectations.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...