UKC

FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEO: Trip dans le Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Feb 2010
[Trip dans le Peak District : Raven Tor, 3 kb]This video is about a trip made by a group of French climbers to the Peak District in April 2009. It covers their exploits at Raven Tor.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51997
 sculptor 19 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I thought it was superb
 nigel pearson 19 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: thanks, very good film
 gabriel_m 19 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Let's rock sharpy holds with tape on fingers yo!
 Peakpdr 20 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: very nice video
 Dale Comley 20 Feb 2010
Awesome! Does anyone no what the conditions are like at the Tor at the moment?
 john arran 20 Feb 2010
In reply to Dale Comley:
> Awesome! Does anyone no what the conditions are like at the Tor at the moment?

The west end of the crag is expected to have high routes, with long periods of dogging and belays in the low to mid 20m's. Further east the crimps will be smaller and farther between, with only an occasional chance of redpoints.
There is a severe polish warning currently in force for the central part of the crag, between Indecent and In Brine. The rock here is likely to be very slippery indeed and great care must be taken to cope with the treacherous runouts. Climbers are advised to venture up only if absolutely necessary.

andybenham 22 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News: Just read the google translated part of the full article linked above. Hilarious!

One of my favourite mis-translations:

"Gristone where only the solos and nuts have the right to quote"
brian cropper 22 Feb 2010
In reply to sculptor:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I thought it was superb

i thought it was crap
 jon 22 Feb 2010
In reply to brian a:

Harsh Brian. I thought it was OK, but thought it was significant that the boys only went for the short fingery stuff. No stamina, you see.
 Fraser 22 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Bit disappointed - got 6 minutes in then gave up. That music for a start, coupled with the protracted, single shots didn't inspire as I'd hoped the video might have.
 SGD 22 Feb 2010
In reply to john arran: lol...
 Alex Thompson 22 Feb 2010
In reply to jon:
Aye, dreadful. Where was the fortage of them on the epic gritstone cliffs? :/
 gabriel_m 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Alex Thompson:
Yeah, they chose 'Raven Tor 2009' as a title for their video, so misleading.
 Quiddity 23 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed that, thanks.

Hold on just a minute though. at 10.08 wtf is causing that enormous shadow? pterodactyl attack at the tor?
Freddy_Escalade-Alsace 23 Feb 2010
Hello,
Some answers here ('sorry for my bad english...).

To Fraser :
> That music for a start
The choise allow no consensus, that's sure. I did this choise. I knew "consequences" toward some people who could "hate" this.
> protracted, single shots
No video staff, so "we made as we could", with only one camcorder
(and unfortunately time and skin are not "extendable"...)

To Plexiglass_Nick :
The shadow is a van (I had cut motor's sound while editing).

To Alex Thompson & gabriel_m :
No gritstone video, sorry. We had some trouble with these "footages"...

Thanks a lot for comments and viewing !

Vertically,
Freddy
www.escalade-alsace.com
 flaneur 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Freddy_Escalade-Alsace:

Freddy, I really enjoyed this little film. It is great to see Raven Tor climbing for a change. There have been plenty of gritstone films recently, possibly too many, and we see sun-kissed French or Spanish limestone ad nauseum. The essence of the climbing was captured so well: nasty, brutish and short. Somewhat unusually, Thomas and Peter looked like they had to try quite hard at times! The budget - limited camera angles - was apparent but did not detract. Sometimes it's best to keep it simple. In this regard thank you for not adding flashy visual effects.

Music is very personal. Your selection is not my usual listening but it's aggression fitted the style of climbing well I thought. A brave choice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...