UKC

Midlands winter climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Anderson 19 Feb 2010
For the 2nd time this season ( and twice in2 yrs) the rare midlands (english) winter climbs are in after a big dump of snow and refreeze.

Did two Quarry ( grade I ish) routes on Malverns today. Has anyone ever done anything steeper here - some of the butteress look challenging.

Great snow ...who needs to travel.
 TobyA 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Neil Anderson: I did a kind of rubbish grade II on Titterstone Clee around New Year. You could probably get the second ascent if you like!

Are you going to put up some photos so we can all argue over whether it was in condition or not?
OP Neil Anderson 19 Feb 2010
In reply to TobyA: uploading now - should be up later tonight
 tipsy 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Neil Anderson:

Which quarry?
In reply to tipsy: done both north 771469 and West 768446.

there are two quarries in the north and the crag shown (not donw) is in the second furthest west.
 TobyA 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Neil Anderson: I moderated the photos so they're up now, but had to guess which quarry they are. You can correct that with the "edit photo" option I think. Sorry if I got it totally wrong.
In reply to TobyA: Thanks - having examined things further via westmidlandsrock ( didn't know there was a guide until now!). the potential crag is in 'North Quarry' - and it is suggested summer lines have been done ( but rock loose); the one route is in the quarry east of reservoir wall - cant find a name for it; and other route is in 'summer hill quarry' which again doesn't seem to be in guide book/topo or on crags list.

so maybe new routes!! - but I am sure there are others as insane as I who have slogged up vegetated frozen mixed ground for a little sport!

thanks for the info - a few real routes to try next time they rime up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...