UKC

Arco- Where to fly from

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 03 Mar 2010
Anybody been to Arco and where did you fly from and with which airfline. I'm based in west yorkshire so Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds Bradford/East Midlands ideal. wish to avoid Ryanair due to baggage allowance constraints
 Monk 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I can't really help, as I flew from Stansted, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out Ryanair. We flew with them, and carried all camping/cooking/climbing/via ferrata kit without too many problems. How much stuff do you actually need to take?
OP Andy Hudson 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Monk:
I thouight there was a 15kg limit on Ryanair but looking at it again it appears you can have 2 bags each with 15kg limit. Based on what we've taken before i guess we'll have about 20Kg each
bmjwarburton 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: andy,may be a bit far south but if you can get a cheap coach ticket i always fly easy jet from Bristol to Bergamo . Last year £36 return.benson
 Monk 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

There was a 15kg limit with RyanAir when we flew with all our gear. With all clothes/shoes in hand luggage it's not too bad. I appreciate that RyanAir is not for everyone though.
 good omens 04 Mar 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: Hi Andy, went there a few years ago and flew from Glasgow with Ryanair to Milan. You can also fly to Venice I believe, but haven't done so. Ryanair do the job, but I don't like them as a 'cheap' flight with them can turn into something very expensive. We used to save weight by putting things like ropes etc in the hand luggage, but they stopped us from doing that - more money for them I suppose. I would always fly BA where I can now as you get treated like a human being and on the depressing trip home - seems to be a common theme with holidays - having a nice air stewardess smiling at you whilst you fly always warms me up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...