UKC

NEWS: Going Climbing Makes Women Fancy You

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Mar 2010
[Halcyon Days, 3 kb]Yes guys. It's official. It was on the internet, so it must be true. Going Climbing Makes Women Fancy You.
We knew it all along, but this scientific survey undertaken by professionals and then published in the very exclusive journal of msn.com confirms our thoughts.

Rock climbing came fourth in...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=52388
Serpico 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:
After years of extensive personal research I can confirm that this is total b*ll*cks.
 ClimberEd 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

hmm perhaps that's because they imagine flowing locks on tanned buff (or whatever the phrase is) bodies in exotic locations.

As opposed to the reality of some skinny guy with glasses dossing on the floor of a cave waiting for it to be cold enough for his skin to 'stick' .

Michael Ryan 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> After years of extensive personal research I can confirm that this is total b*ll*cks.

You have to trad climb.... ask the Perfect One. None of this sport climbing (unless you are Chris Sharma) or 'just' bouldering malarky.

iain_cbr 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: Good, well informed article. Women fancy Tom Cruise in Mission Improbable when he's doing that solo bit. Men fancy women on rocks in lakes. And most importantly? We get to see a photo of what we like, women have to imagine it. Job done.
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to iain_cbr:

good point. Mick and Jack, please can we have a picture of an attractive nekkid (or even semi-naked, I don't mind) climber man instead? It would be more suited to the article
Serpico 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to Serpico)
> [...]
>
> You have to trad climb.... ask the Perfect One. None of this sport climbing (unless you are Chris Sharma) or 'just' bouldering malarky.

I think you mean you have to have a (perennial) tan...
 Jack Geldard 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare: Yes, that was what I intended to use, but then as I was browsing, I erm, stumbled upon that image and well, erm. Anyway.

What a lovely photograph.

Jack
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Serpico:

I could point you to pictures of all sorts of chaps on here who aren't tanned but who, if the opportunity arose and I wasn't already otherwise engaged (as it were), I definitely would...

<ahem>

Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

guffaw! If you need help in finding pictures of remarkably attractive climber men, I'm sure the ladeeez of UKC would be only too happy to rummage through the UKC picture archives for them.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Serpico:
>
> After years of extensive personal research I can confirm that this is total b*ll*cks.

Odd - I was going to say the very opposite!

Chris

Jack Geldard 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:

Post the id number or link and I will add one in to the news item.

I couldn't possibly choose an attractive male photograph myself, as everyone knows that tough heterosexual men like me certainly wouldn't be able to tell what constitutes an attractive man, and we wouldn't be <caught> looking.

What - you callin' me gay?!
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
Serpico 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to Serpico)
>
> I could point you to pictures of all sorts of chaps on here...

Stalker.
That's why I keep my profile pic vague...

...honest.
 Jack Geldard 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: Okay everyone, in the interests of science I have now updated the news item to include photographs of both male and female climbers.

You may need to refresh your browser to see the change.

You may need to refresh yourself with a cold shower too.

Jack
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010

guffaw!
 SGD 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: I love the quote 'whilst men liked women who did Yoga and who could cook'
 Only a hill 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Chortle! This article is brilliant, and so is the thread!
 galpinos 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Only a hill:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Chortle! This article is brilliant, and so is the thread!

And the comments. I'm with this guy:

"Football? I play polo. Surely that makes women's panties wetter than an otter's pocket?!"

For the ladies that said "Rock Climbing", I think the reality of going out with a very serious sport climber who spends every waking moment training for, or on, their project at the Tor is a somewhat different reality to the one they'd imagined.
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to galpinos:

I went on a date with a polo player once. It was very odd. He was very nice but it all just felt a little too surreal.
 Oceanic 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:

Hmm, you found that picture in 3 minutes. did you have it book marked perchance?
 control freak 11 Mar 2010
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to UKC News)

> As opposed to the reality of some skinny guy with glasses dossing on the floor of a cave waiting for it to be cold enough for his skin to 'stick' .
>

Er, perhaps that's the image that women find attractive?
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Oceanic:

lol, I just knew where to look
 control freak 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to Oceanic)
>
> lol, I just knew where to look

On his photo gallery you mean?
 Tall Clare 11 Mar 2010
In reply to control freak:

hee hee
 Oli Hawk 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to UKC News)

Ha ha. You have to be able to talk to women too!

Know which parts to tell them and which parts to leave out. If you tell it right instead of going into the fine details of rock protection or standing in a bar trying to demonstrate how to do a specific move and making a fool of yourself you will have their cloths falling off before you can even invite them back home.

3 days ago I was in the pub with my friend Mike, we were talking about a recent trip to the crag when the hottest young lady in the bar over heard us, after a quick chat she nipped off to grab her mate and they joined us for the evening asking about every question they could think of, at the end of the night both Mike and myself each exchanged numbers with one of the girls.

Climbing makes you sound really exciting and women love it! trust me it works for the rest of us regularly.
 ClimberEd 11 Mar 2010
In reply to galpinos:
> (In reply to Only a hill)
> [...]
>
> And the comments. I'm with this guy:
>
> "Football? I play polo. Surely that makes women's panties wetter than an otter's pocket?!"
>

It does, but I am yet to fathom why. Unless it is implication of riches
 Oceanic 11 Mar 2010
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
>
> What - you callin' me gay?!

I'm pretty sure I once snogged you (don't deny it, there may be photos).
 MRJ 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to iain_cbr)
>
> good point. Mick and Jack, please can we have a picture of an attractive nekkid (or even semi-naked, I don't mind) climber man instead? It would be more suited to the article
All right, ladies, I think I found the picture you're looking for (and dreaming of): http://tinyurl.com/ycjuzhz
Removed User 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Oli Hawk:
> (In reply to Serpico)
> [...]
>
>
> 3 days ago I was in the pub with my friend Mike, we were talking about a recent trip to the crag when the hottest young lady in the bar over heard us, after a quick chat she nipped off to grab her mate and they joined us for the evening asking about every question they could think of, at the end of the night both Mike and myself each exchanged numbers with one of the girls.
>

You get some tag team in?
 mux 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: Could we be so bold as to class this as a slow news day Jack….

Frankly I think you should pick up on the Otters pockets story .. I found that fascinating…

Otters have pockets …fantastic

…it all makes sense now …

Anyhoo climbing and being really incredibly good looking and all..

my single girly friends and sister (scary thought as it is) are all looking for someone "like" Mr Mux (their words) and often asking for hook ups, so maybe it could be true!

“mux” is no oil painting with bad teeth, flatulence and incredible disproportionate legs …so it has to be the climbing
 iain_cbr 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Oli Hawk)
> [...]
>
> You get some tag team in?

Classy!!! But did you though?
 uncontrollable 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Quote from MSN:
...clearly some women like their men to be daring (not to mention flexing their muscles in tight clothing!).

Does that mean they want the Lycra back?
Hix 11 Mar 2010
"Football? I play polo. Surely that makes women's panties wetter than an otter's pocket?!"

Now that is just pure fookin genius
 MRJ 11 Mar 2010
In reply to uncontrollable:
oh yesh, lycra is the DEFINITION of hawtness: http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v106/127/46/571248673/n57124867...
 Scarab9 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Amusing article (and nice photo :-p)! Thanks!

Also led to entertaining comments. Though if we can remove Tall Clare's before the other UKC ladies catch on and we all get our egos torn apart that would be good thanks.
In reply to SGD:
> (In reply to UKC News) I love the quote 'whilst men liked women who did Yoga and who could cook'

I've got to learn to cook??? Oh crap. Well, stuff that. I'm off to amend my "he's got to be a climber" thread to "he's got to be a climber who can cook". Unless he likes cheese straws. I do a mean cheese straw.
 jubolo 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: Well, if this is true.....Ladies, I'll be at Stanage tomorrow. Just look for a small bloke crying on a VS ;]
 jkarran 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Serpico:

I've examined this research and can unfortunately confirm your result.
jk
 SGD 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Ava Adore: Haha you sound like my g/f She does yoga and can't cook for toffee
 SGD 11 Mar 2010
In reply to SGD: Actually, I'd better point out that although she doesn't cook she does make a fantastic sandwich and until I met her I didn't know there were 2 seperate and very different definitions for 'cheese on toast'
 RockaJo 11 Mar 2010

> For the ladies that said "Rock Climbing", I think the reality of going out with a very serious sport climber who spends every waking moment training for, or on, their project at the Tor is a somewhat different reality to the one they'd imagined.

As opposed to the clearly much better lazy men with no ambitions, drive or motivation... and who quite possibly have sore thumbs :p Shame, coz I think the schedule of a rock climbing guy might just match my own... and the climbers I know, certainly know how to have a good time!
loopyone 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: So men like women who cook, pole dance, dance and do yoga........ how terribly predictable
 JezH 11 Mar 2010
In reply to iain_cbr: Did he hell! ha ha
 Michael Hood 11 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News: I'm going to be really sad now and ignore the nice looking girly and ask where the shot's of. Is it on Skye looking down Coriusk to that crag that someone (was it Davey Mac) put a thin hard route up 2 or 3 years ago?
 Michael Hood 11 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to iain_cbr)
>
> good point. Mick and Jack, please can we have a picture of an attractive nekkid (or even semi-naked, I don't mind) climber man instead? It would be more suited to the article

I think Stone Nudes calendar site also has some shots of men - it certainly did at one time but that wasn't the bit I was looking at.
 Wingnut 12 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Ah, right, so that's what was doing it. I thought it was my hat.
 Ken McCulloch 12 Mar 2010
In reply to MRJ:
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
> [...]
> All right, ladies, I think I found the picture you're looking for (and dreaming of): http://tinyurl.com/ycjuzhz

That looks suspiciously like the summit of Arfaseet?
 fhuaran 12 Mar 2010
In reply to Michael Hood: It's Sgurr a' Ghreadaidh and Sgurr a' Mhadaidh. And yup I'm pretty sure that is Skye Wall dead centre...
 fhuaran 12 Mar 2010
In reply to Michael Hood: (Dave Birkett by the way)
 Jim Fraser 12 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Winter climbers still out in the cold then?
Cat in a Hat 12 Mar 2010
In reply to SGD:

Hmmm. I do some yoga-ish stretches before climbing and can make pasta-and-pesto in a matter of minutes. I wonder if that counts...?
 MRJ 12 Mar 2010
In reply to Ken McCulloch:
> (In reply to MRJ)
> [...]
>
> That looks suspiciously like the summit of Arfaseet?

The ben, I believe.
 SGD 12 Mar 2010
In reply to catstclair: Us men are usually simple types so I'd have to say yes
 BelleVedere 12 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I'm sure it's my stunning good looks and amazing intellect that makes women fancy me - not the ability to get up a v.diff in questionable style.

(what's standing in the middle of lake with your kit off got to do with climbing? or will that make people fancy you too?)
 DJonsight 12 Mar 2010
In reply to Oli Hawk:

> Climbing makes you sound really exciting and women love it! trust me it works for the rest of us regularly.

In 17 years of climbing and bulling on about it in pubs, I've never been approached by a single woman. Only boring old know-it-all gits who profess to have been the world's greatest climber but have obviously never led so much as a VS and are smelly and ugly even by male climbers' standards. What i want to know is; Which pub do you go to?
 EddInaBox 12 Mar 2010
 bouldery bits 12 Mar 2010
In reply to EddInaBox:

Where has Brixton been? He hasn't been on to have a rant about chalk in ages. Sort of miss it.
 EddInaBox 12 Mar 2010
In reply to bouldery bits:

I think he buggered off to live in France, he still posts occasionally.
 bouldery bits 12 Mar 2010
In reply to EddInaBox:

Shame. I love it when people move into an area and then decide to try and impose their own ethics upon the locals.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 Mar 2010
 Gasmerchant 14 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

The problem is that girlies who don't climb and think having a climbing boyfriend is great. Whether it be 'cos he's "different" from the usual city-boy accountant or actually is in better shape than most bods who's existence is encompassed by work and the pub. Until they realise he actually goes out and climbs on weekends and days off. i.e Being a climber means he ACTUALLY goes climbing. Crazy huh? Then you get into the QT issues. Or trying to get her into it - gritting your teeth when she complains about getting sweaty or dirty. And when you lie in bed staring into space, and they ask you what you're thinking about, you reply climbing - that really annoys them.

Nah. Not worth it, unless the girlies in question are outdoorsy types anyway.
 Tall Clare 15 Mar 2010
In reply to Gasmerchant:

I was talking about this with someone last night, who said that his friend was thinking of getting into climbing specifically to find a woman - he had a perception that there were lots of 'fit climber women' around.

I thought it was an interesting contrast with your example - I don't think I'd ever heard of non-climber men being specifically attracted to climber women before.
 galpinos 15 Mar 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
>
> I thought it was an interesting contrast with your example - I don't think I'd ever heard of non-climber men being specifically attracted to climber women before.

Once he starts climbing and actually meets some climber women I'm sure he'll change his mind.
 Tall Clare 15 Mar 2010
In reply to galpinos:

guffaw!
 orge 16 Mar 2010
In reply to Gasmerchant:
> And when you lie in bed staring into space, and they ask you what you're thinking about, you reply climbing - that really annoys them.

Pfft!!
 nufkin 16 Mar 2010
In reply to SGD:
> until I met her I didn't know there were 2 seperate and very different definitions for 'cheese on toast'

What's the other one?

Blue Roses 16 Mar 2010
In reply to EddInaBox: PMSL, thank you

the playing field is now level

hmmm..... well not really, because the pics just made me laugh a lot...
 EddInaBox 16 Mar 2010
In reply to Blue Roses:

Here's a tip, if a fellow takes his clothes off I can assure you the very last reaction he is hoping for is to be laughed at, he'll go right off you if you do that, does a chap's ego no good at all.
In reply to EddInaBox: "Going climbing makes women fancy you" it might work for people who havent enough depth of experience to judge.

From my experience Ive been fancied when Ive been most vulnerable, when Ive been so delicate that Ive dared her to break me.
 Sherpa 25 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC News:

......dead right they do. Trouble is, when you keep going climbing they dump you........
gravitygirl 03 Apr 2010
 EddInaBox 03 Apr 2010
In reply to gravitygirl:

Socks don't count if you're a bloke, it's just one of the unwritten rules.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...