UKC

Wet and rainy Font should I stay or should I go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tru 28 Mar 2010
I am meant to be going to Fontainebleau for the first time this Easter however the weather forecast looks terrible.

Is it worth the drive down to possibly squeeze some bouldering in between rain showers or should I stay at home, or go elsewhere?

Are there any nearby sport or bouldering spots that are predicting good weather over easter?
 Trangia 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Tru:

I'd go. Weather forcasts are notoriously unreliable. You've presumably booked and paid for the ferry/tunnel anyway?. If it rains there is loads of good walking, canoe hire, culture (Fontainbleau Chateau) or a short train ride into Paris to see the sights. And there is always the chance that it will turn out fine after all.
 Jerry67 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Tru: You're right, the forecast looks awful. I'd go elsewhere. That said, the forecast for most of northern France is awful, so that cuts the options down a bit.
Asterix 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Tru:
I was supposed to be going to Font this week, but cancelled at the last minute on account of the weather. Hoping it will improve over the next couple of weeks and will be able to go then instead. The long range forecast for the end of the week after Easter is looking a bit better, but not sure about its reliability.
Nearest sport climbing to Font is between Auxerre and Dijon(over 100k south of Font, but quite quick to get there on the A6). There's a small indoor wall (Bloc'age) at Arbonne la Foret, and several larger ones in Paris.
Was tempted to try Albarracin in Spain for a change this year, but quite a bit more expensive than hopping over to Font.
Bob kate bob 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Asterix:
>There's a small indoor wall (Bloc'age) at Arbonne la Foret,

Blockage is now a private club which you have to buy a years membership for, you can not just turn up anymore.
 lummox 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Tru: I'll be in Font over Easter. The forecast more than 72 hrs ahead is notoriously unreliable so we will be going with the usual unbridled optimism : )
 Nigel R 29 Mar 2010
In reply to Tru: Me too. It's fair to say it's worth the risk just on the off chance the weather breaks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...