UKC

Two very good and very different films on telly tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 31 Mar 2010
Sunset Boulevard on C4 in the afternoon! Hurrah!

And "Lord of War" late at night. Interesting, entertaining, involving, and proves that Nicolas Cage can still act.
 rossowen 31 Mar 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: Haven't seen Sunset Boulevard but that Lord of War film was pretty good from memory, and I usually don't like that Cage bloke
 anonymouse 31 Mar 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> And "Lord of War" late at night. Interesting, entertaining, involving, and proves that Nicolas Cage can still act.

Not to be confused with "Art of War", one of the worst films ever made. Dull, enervating, offputting and proves that Wesley Snipes can't act.

Even the synopsis on IMDB is dull "Shaw is an operative for the United Nations' covert dirty-tricks squad, using espionage and quasi-ethical tactics to secure peace and cooperation" although if you rollover the plot keywords, one of them turns out to be "nude wearing glasses". The space of time it takes you to assimilate that revelation will be more exciting than any equivalent period in the film.
In reply to anonymouse:

Does Diane Lane make it worth a look?

Oh hang on. Wrong Wesley Snipes film. That was Murder at 1600 wasn't it.

The thing about Wesley Snipes is that he CAN act - see 'Jungle Fever' as Exhibit A. I never really got why it all went so horribly wrong and straight-to-video (aside from Blade), for ol' Wes. Years before his drugs/tax meltdown too.
In reply to anonymouse:

imdb.com's "hidden" rollover plot keywords are hilarious, I want the job of making them!
 anonymouse 31 Mar 2010
She had the good sense not to appear in it, as far as I can tell.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...