UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Petrohrad - Czech Bouldering Paradise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 12 Apr 2010
[Sarah Burmester climbing a classic Font 7A on the Trio boulder at Petrohrad., 3 kb]Sixty kilometres west of Prague lies a beautiful area of rolling hills...

"There are thousands of problems in this area with a huge potential for more development. The rock is exceptional quality grey granite with high friction and a huge variety of climbing styles. The grades vary from the very easy to the near impossible. Adam Ondra climbs here often and there are many high standard boulder problems up to Font 8B, many of them opened by Ondra himself..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2666

Chris Shorter 12 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks, a very useful article. It only 50 miles from my current second home near Teplice, where I will to move to full-time soon.

Jiri, is there any nearer bouldering for me on volcanic rock? I've seen the cliffs at Boren but are there any good boulders there?

Chris

willoates 15 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Looks awesome... I'm thinking end of this summer.

Cheers, really useful.

Will
lostintranslation 15 Apr 2010
In reply to willoates:

yep, nice article - close-ish to me in Munich, so I will be planning a trip there this spring

cheers

lost
 James Oswald 15 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:
Looks brilliant!
Is it possible to get round by public transport once you're there?
James
 pavelk 18 Apr 2010
In reply to James Oswald:
Easy.
Try http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/
(english verion available bootom right under advertisment)
 luciefialova 20 May 2010
My mum and dad gave me the book for birthday to try and get me to come over to czech more often. The climbing looks sweet... if a bit green. Also, apparently, "using of poof is prohibited".
Does anyone know if the grades used are Font? Scoured the book but this isn't stated anywhere and I'm not sure what the convention is in czech.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...