UKC

Finger / Skin Care

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
KH 24 Mar 2003
I read, not so long ago in Climber, about Malcolm Smith's use of different products to protect the skin on his hands / fingers. I was wondering what he used and where would you get it from and also are there any other recommendations. I used surgical spirits when I started climbing to strenthen the skin and found that helped enourmously.
daveP 24 Mar 2003
In reply to KH: Surgical spirit doesn't strengthen skin, it just dries out the outer layer.
ianb 24 Mar 2003
In reply to daveP: The best thing I've found is to rub Aloe Vera into your hands when you've finished, this helps speed the healing of any blisters/raw patches you've got.

I don't really think there is a quick way of doing it unfortunately
 Jus 24 Mar 2003
In reply to KH: 'Climb On' seems to work well for me
 laaljohn 24 Mar 2003
In reply to ianb:

I've started using 'climb on' which seems to work really well for sore skin. I think it has Aloe Vera plus a few other herbal type medicines in.
PheelBo 24 Mar 2003
In reply to KH: I'd recommend neutrogena...stunning stuff. Boots do their own version now..a bit cheaper and works justs as well
Ian Hill 24 Mar 2003
In reply to PheelBo: Badger Oil is the best stuff...not sure why but it seems to speed growth much more than other creams...

Hoof Oil from the vet is supposed to be good for quick skin growth too...note this is actual hoof oil and not the Franklin stuff which is merely *called* hoof oil...
Jake Hughes 24 Mar 2003
In reply to KH:

These little items have been proving a big hit with all those that have used them.

http://www.rockrun.com/shop/type.html?d=17&t=295&sid=79a213eee31ba1...

Jay White 24 Mar 2003
In reply to KH: I swear by neutrogena, I am a window cleaner and by fri my hands are pretty well wrecked in winter but by mon they are ok for another week use it when your hands are still slightly damp from washing them and its great. Ps most window cleaners that i know use it!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...