UKC

NEWS: Pembroke Access - Good, Bad but never Ugly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 May 2010
[David Noddings climbing The Fascist and Me (E4) at Trevallen, Pembroke., 4 kb]The Pembrokeshire National Park Authority have announced the access arrangements for the next few months.

The good news is that, like last year, there will be no live firing during August.

The bad news is that a large scale, pre-Afghanistan training exercise is due to take place throughout June.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=53264

John2 05 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: You've got that slightly wrong. During the month of June there will be no access at all to Range West, even at weekends - http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=3660 . I assume that this is why the June 19th briefing has been moved to July.
 Tom_Harding 05 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

> and some controversy

What was the contoversy with the last guide book?
 robw007 07 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Does this mean that effectively from the start of June that during the day only Stackpole and Mowing Word will be accessible in the Range East?
In reply to robw007:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Does this mean that effectively from the start of June that during the day only Stackpole and Mowing Word will be accessible in the Range East?

Well they both have bird bans on much of them so they are out too, and they aren't in Range East.

Just Mother Careys, the rest of Lydstep and the North Coast crags are available.

But it is only mid-week, and it is only up to July 2. After that July will be a normal month (ie. some range East restrictions). August is open all over everywhere.

Alan
 robw007 07 May 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
Well up to now I didnt think St Governs and Governs East were in Range East either and were included in the restrictions. But I do seem to remember a gate and a red flag on the road down to the car park at Govans in the past.
 Max factor 12 May 2010
In reply to robw007:

'scuse me for being thick - midweek, no st govs but Mother Carey's is OK?

Then weekends, range east is open as usual.
 robw007 12 May 2010
In reply to Max factor:
Sounds about right
 Max factor 12 May 2010
In reply to robw007:

cool, thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...